Non O Multi - Amnesty - Refused extension!

3 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

This video definitely says non O me are included in the amnesty. "In summary all visa holders do not need to apply for extension"

https://mobile.twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1252835323177865218

Is there a similar video for the 3rd "Extension" that took it to the 26th September as IIRC Immigration pitched this as being quite different from than the previous extensions.

19 hours ago, connda said:

I didn't deviate from my normal schedule for extensions and reports. 

Surely this was obvious from the beginning of the "amnesties". But the OP didn't have the $$ when it was his time to extend so thought "amnesty" would give him a free ride.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Is there a similar video for the 3rd "Extension" that took it to the 26th September as IIRC Immigration pitched this as being quite different from than the previous extensions.

Not sure. I know it is Thai Immigration but hard to see how they could change the rules from one amnesty to another. I'm pretty sure remember Ubon Joe saying the wording was the same

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Not sure. I know it is Thai Immigration but hard to see how they could change the rules from one amnesty to another. I'm pretty sure remember Ubon Joe saying the wording was the same

Yes ubon and others correctly have stated that, however out of the blue immigration overlooked what is written in the gazette regarding amnesty. 

They announced that required anyone that skipped 90 day report that it had to be made during August. On top of that, made in person. 

Don't have much time for comments such as "reports not required, you will not receive fine". 

I'm the one that will be sitting across from io in mid Oct applying for 12 month extension RT. I like things to run smoothly.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes ubon and others correctly have stated that, however out of the blue immigration overlooked what is written in the gazette regarding amnesty. 

They announced that required anyone that skipped 90 day report that it had to be made during August. On top of that, made in person. 

Don't have much time for comments such as "reports not required, you will not receive fine". 

I'm the one that will be sitting across from io in mid Oct applying for 12 month extension RT. I like things to run smoothly.

I don't think the OP is writing about 90 day reports. The post was  concerning non immigrant visas being covered by the amnesty as the immigration spokesman definitely says in this release.i have kept a copy in case am in a similar situation as the OP. I don't see how an office can go against what the spokesman says but I suppose anything is possible with them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I don't think the OP is writing about 90 day reports. The post was  concerning non immigrant visas being covered by the amnesty as the immigration spokesman definitely says in this release.i have kept a copy in case am in a similar situation as the OP. I don't see how an office can go against what the spokesman says but I suppose anything is possible with them.

My post was not about 90 day reports per se. Just pointing out that the government and cabinet can put something into gazette and immigration can say "stuff that" we can make our own rules. Hence insist upon reports regardless of government.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I personally think Ubonjoe got it a bit wrong on this one.... But In fairness, he is very clear to point out that his posts represent the official Thai Immigration point of view according to the "Gazette" & these are unprecedented times so full marks to him for not engaging in the speculations that the rest of us have been doing (and for many of us turned out to be correct).

Edited by Mike Teavee

6 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

But they did do exactly that by the language they used at the time.... 

The last one wasn't an "Amnesty", it was more a "Warning" to get your <deleted> together before 26th September & although recent events look like that "Message" is softening, it also makes it even more clear that you need to do that.  

13 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

But they did do exactly that by the language they used at the time.... 

The last one wasn't an "Amnesty", it was more a "Warning" to get your <deleted> together before 26th September & although recent events look like that "Message" is softening, it also makes it even more clear that you need to do that.  

I was mainly posting for the original poster. I myself would take it both ways. I am preparing to apply for an extension but, even though many of the posters on the forum would love It, I can't really see Thailand becoming an international pariah for the sake of throwing a few tourists in Immigration Detention. Where would it stop. Thai citizens have been given refuge throughout the world. Wouldn't other countries start detaining Thais as retribution? I am also aware that on the day the amnesty expires Thailand is still under a State of Emergency. 

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mike Teavee said:

I personally think Ubonjoe got it a bit wrong on this one.... But In fairness, he is very clear to point out that his posts represent the official Thai Immigration point of view according to the "Gazette" & these are unprecedented times so full marks to him for not engaging in the speculations that the rest of us have been doing (and for many of us turned out to be correct).

Ubonjoe was right as always. It was the work of some rouge io officers. I got my under consideration stamp for a one year extension today. (previously on multiple entry non o marriage and currently under amnesty) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

To those that have lived here in the "Before Times" was immigration playing fast and loose with the rules back then too or is this a relatively new approach ? 

(I understand that the requirements were also different in the past.)

There was a time when immigration was very careful about allowing first world countries' citizens visas and extensions when the written conditions were met. Immigration's treatment of people from places like India was very different. Certain nationals have tended to need to pay for service for at least 30 years.

My non O visa expired on feb 2020 and my 90 days on April 28. I have always relied on the amnesty because i read in here it was meant for everyone, tourists and expats. Now i am reading from someone it is meant for stranded tourists only lol i am confused (if not desperate)

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, JonoM said:

Thanks for the support and empathy guys. I hope others in the same situation find their Immigration Offices more accommodating than mine.

Nothing more to report, as wasn't able to make it to immigration on Friday. Will go Monday now, but given my previous experience I don't hold much hope that they will give me 60 days (to visit wife), but I can but try!

I think it's more likely i will be using an agent to get me through this. So if any one can recommend one in Si Racha or Pattaya please pm me.

Hope you got sorted.

I also use Sri Ratcha and as you was on an ME Non O with permission to stay expired on 5th May. I went to immigration early August to try the 60 day extension, but they refused that saying that it was over 60 days since stamp expired. Also had the lecture on the amnesty not being for the likes of us.

I went back a week later and did 12 month marriage extension based on income, no real problem other than they insisted on 12 months of transfers. Had the home visit a few days later and go back next week when under consideration runs out.

Only difference I can see is that my visa is still valid but the environment may have become more hostile than it was. They certainly seemed to take a dim view of the ME visa holders using the amnesty.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is for everybody. Just false info from some people.

Yes, false information from the Immigration Office in my case. Everyone needs to visit their own IO to find out for sure what their situation is.

32 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Hope you got sorted.

I also use Sri Ratcha and as you was on an ME Non O with permission to stay expired on 5th May. I went to immigration early August to try the 60 day extension, but they refused that saying that it was over 60 days since stamp expired. Also had the lecture on the amnesty not being for the likes of us.

I went back a week later and did 12 month marriage extension based on income, no real problem other than they insisted on 12 months of transfers. Had the home visit a few days later and go back next week when under consideration runs out.

Only difference I can see is that my visa is still valid but the environment may have become more hostile than it was. They certainly seemed to take a dim view of the ME visa holders using the amnesty.

More or less sorted thanks. I'm using an agent in Pattaya, who assures me that there won't be a problem. I dont mind paying this time, as they are saving me from a lot of stress and hassle that I dont need.

I'll be using the Jomtien Office, apparenty if you live in Chonburi province you can use any Immigration Office in Chonburi. I cannot face having to return to the Si Racha Office and having to sit there while they tell me I'm an overstaying and the amnesty does not apply to me, while jabbing away with their finger at my expired permit to stay stamp. I didn't bother trying for the 60 day extension, as on a previous occassion separate to this they refused this extension, for the reason that "I was living with my and not visiting her"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, JonoM said:

Because at that time i did not have 400k in a Thai bank account to apply for an extension. As soon as I was able, I transferred the money into my account which was on the 11 July. Under normal circumstaces I would have left country and come back.

Hi, i have non-o multi and expired on 8 may. Well not but IO thinks yes. So im denied for both 60 days wife visit and 1 year extension (even though i had every paper work in order) from Khon Kaen and Nonthaburi immigration. I told them and proved them that they are wrong, but we all know a no is a no from IO. 

I used an agency which my friend used in my office (he highly recommended to me, thats why i used it. I never before) and got my 1 year visa. If you need help, send message to me.

good luck

4 hours ago, JonoM said:

Yes, false information from the Immigration Office in my case. Everyone needs to visit their own IO to find out for sure what their situation is.

More or less sorted thanks. I'm using an agent in Pattaya, who assures me that there won't be a problem. I dont mind paying this time, as they are saving me from a lot of stress and hassle that I dont need.

I'll be using the Jomtien Office, apparenty if you live in Chonburi province you can use any Immigration Office in Chonburi. I cannot face having to return to the Si Racha Office and having to sit there while they tell me I'm an overstaying and the amnesty does not apply to me, while jabbing away with their finger at my expired permit to stay stamp. I didn't bother trying for the 60 day extension, as on a previous occassion separate to this they refused this extension, for the reason that "I was living with my and not visiting her"!

"apparenty if you live in Chonburi province you can use any Immigration Office in Chonburi."

It's what suits at the time. I know someone who had a problem at Sri Ratcha and decided to try Jomtien. they were quite helpful but couldn't deal with him as he didn't live in their jurisdiction, he had to go back to Sri Ratcha.

Hope it works for you.