Jomtien immigration TM7 forms

Went on Wednesday to do my 12 month marriage visa extension. After last year, which was my first marriage extension after 12 retirement extensions, I was determined that my missus wouldn't have to keep running out and in from the copy shop and was convinced that I had all bases covered. Wrong! Although it wasn't the usual dragon lady, the guy behind the counter gave me back the two completed and with stuck on photo TM7s (which I'd got from the Pattaya Expats website) and said "Wrong forms". The wife had to go to the entrance and bring back two forms which I had to complete. On comparing these with the forms that I'd brought, they looked to me to be identical, except that my paper was a better quality than theirs. I asked him where I could download them and he said that they weren't on the website yet! Anyone with this type of extension in the near future who doesn't want to have to get wrist cramp from speedily filling in two extra forms I'd advise you to pick up a TM7 at Jomtien next time you're passing and copy it. Apart from that it wasn't too bad and only took about 30 minutes. We arrived at 10am and the office was fairly quiet.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1

Glad to hear it was fairly quite I drove down beach road and went into Central and food lands all roads and placers were so quite never seen it like that before In Central maybe 10 ex pats to be seen hours of visit and driving from 10-30 to 2-30 am  why is that????

19 minutes ago, jesimps said:

"Wrong forms".

There used to be an older TM7 form which was a Word Doc that had TorMor7 written in Thai numbers on top right. The new TM7 is in PDF and written TM7 in English. Which did you have that were wrong? The new one available to download on imm web site. That said I don't use Jomtein but other districts should all be the same?

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

That said I don't use Jomtein but other districts should all be the same?

No, my Chaiyaphum-office never bother with such idiot stuff like Jomtien do.... That office is just there sometimes to remind us falangs of hell. no other purpose.

glegolo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Had to redo mine this year- wrong form and I had downloaded it, think the only difference was the 1990 baht charge was missing off the new one

That was the old form that replaced by a new one over 3 years ago. There are a few unofficial websites that still have the old form on them. Here is the new one Fillable TM7 form.pdf  The TM8 re-entry permit form was also changed. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Had to redo mine this year- wrong form and I had downloaded it, think the only difference was the 1990 baht charge was missing off the new one

How long ago did you download the form in question? Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that the Immigration Bureau has now taken a deliberate and conscious decision to withdraw the facility enabling us to download blank TM forms from their website:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#service

19 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that the Immigration Bureau has now taken a deliberate and conscious decision to withdraw the facility enabling us to download blank TM forms from their website:

The download page went away couple of version ago and on one of them it was only in Thai.

This page has them in Thai. https://bangkokimmigration.com/download/

Most of the commonly used ones are in the pinned topic titled Immigration Templates.

8 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

There used to be an older TM7 form which was a Word Doc that had TorMor7 written in Thai numbers on top right. The new TM7 is in PDF and written TM7 in English. Which did you have that were wrong? The new one available to download on imm web site. That said I don't use Jomtein but other districts should all be the same?

The forms looked identical to me, but only had time for a quick check.

Well i was same wedsnday at 9'15 at same Jomtien but on desk 8 for my ret.ext #8 and i used the online form TM 7 ...

And at 9'30 i was clear and outside not any remark about old or new form .

But not on the for married extension desk...i recommend in full the 800k on bank option ,never had a problem nor used an agent those now 8 years 

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The download page went away couple of version ago and on one of them it was only in Thai.

This page has them in Thai. https://bangkokimmigration.com/download/

Most of the commonly used ones are in the pinned topic titled Immigration Templates.

Hi just trying to remember from last year ,just picked up my tm7 from Jomtien the other day ,when we fill it in is it as is  ie both sides on one sheet or do we have to photocopy them and have two sheets back and front seperate for each copy? thanks

10 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Hi just trying to remember from last year ,just picked up my tm7 from Jomtien the other day ,when we fill it in is it as is  ie both sides on one sheet or do we have to photocopy them and have two sheets back and front seperate for each copy? thanks

You need two TM7 forms completed front and back on one sheet.

• Thanks 1

Well, I've just downloaded the Pattaya Expats Club TM7, which is what I had rejected at Jomtien and compared it with the one ubonjoe posted on here. They're identical. Even the notices at the bottom. The reason I mentioned it on here is that I suffer from hand tremors which makes it difficult for me to fill in forms by hand. When I fill them in at home I can do it in short bursts, but at Jomtien, I had to fill them in smartish and it looked like a spider had been crawling over the forms. Just wanted to warn anyone else who has the same condition. I still maintain that the only difference between the forms was the quality of the paper. I think it was possibly because all my paperwork was spot on and he had to invent something to pick me up on. Maybe it's a face thing; your guess is as good as mine.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:43 AM, Hamus Yaigh said:

The differences between the old and new TM7:

The info about the photo (size) is now in English and Thai.

At the bottom it says that handicapped or people with disabilities don't need to apply in person. 

The fee 1900 baht is gone. It just says that the fee is not refundable.

I always pop into Jomtien and get their TM7s and document list a couple of days before applying. They like it hand written in blue on their form and photos attached and signed in front of them. I think they are trying to make sure that the applicant is completing the application.