Teen arrested for allegedly procuring girls via Twitter for prostitution

webfact

Teen arrested for allegedly procuring girls via Twitter for prostitution

By THE NATION

800_240f6ad9bf3c6e5.jpg?v=1598591222

An alleged human trafficking agent has been arrested by the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division, together with local police in Watthana Nakhon district of Sa Kaeo province.

The woman, 19, identified by her first name Saichon, allegedly lured girls via Twitter social media to provide them for prostitution.

She was charged with trafficking youth aged 15 to 18 for prostitution, and for being an agent of prostitution.

Police said that they came to know through non-governmental organisations that this kind of crime via Twitter had been committed in Sa Kaeo, which led to investigation culminating in the arrest of the suspect.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393656

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-28

5 hours ago, webfact said:

An alleged human trafficking agent has been arrested by the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division

In persons division? is it so bad that they have animal divisions in human trafficking in this country? ????

If they mean anything else, it must be very hard to virtually traffic someone. As I know they have still not invented portals that transfer people. However, it would still be in person, right?

14 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

I don’t know what makes me want to puke more. The commenters on TV making jokes about trafficking young girls as young as 15 “yes 15” for prostitution or the actual trafficker. 

If you live here, it's pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, tbh. 

5 hours ago, huangnon said:

If you live here, it's pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, tbh. 

So are you saying you condone the act of trafficking 15 year olds for prostitution? 
FYI, I’ve lived in Thailand and been married to a Thai lady since 2007. I certainly would not say trafficking 15 year olds for prostitution is pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. Its very serious and worrying that certain individuals on TV trivialise such a sickening act. 

• Like 1