Thailand not opening to foreign tourists any time soon

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

It could be true. There were thousands of Chinese from Wuhan travelling in Thailand during December-January 2019- 20.

In my opinion the virus was spreading unnoticed.  We could guess so, as there was a spike in deaths in Thailand during February and March that was above average.

Also there is a study that 20% of Thai population has antibodies to the virus. That proves the virus has been here well in 2019.

In my opinion if you don't talk or mention about this virus the lives could've continued as normal with no effect to economy. Some countries actually chose this model (Turkmenistan for example).

The excess deaths, if you take the New York Times data which originates from Thai civic registration system, started in November 2019. That's before anybody outside CCP knew about it. I don't remember anything else happening at that time, so could well have been covid, silently doing it's thing and nipping off elderly. If the actual raw data was available to mere mortals (apparently NYT requested it from registration bureau, I haven't found the place to download it directly ) , we could check if the excess deaths were old people.

https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/tree/master/excess-deaths

Thailand

Sources: Bureau of Registration Administration Department of Provincial Administration
Baseline years: 2015-2019
Data frequency: monthly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1