Thailand not opening to foreign tourists any time soon

snoop1130

47 minutes ago, visacrack said:

Surprise - not. It's the PM who calls the shots, and he's made his attitude clear a number of times. 

Your disorder is called passive-aggressive behaviour, hsovereign. Relief from it is available also to you. Go for it!   .)

• Haha 1

"Entry will also only be limited to tourists from Covid-free countries".

There are only, currently, 10 Covid-free countries. 

1. North Korea ???????? 

2. Turkmenistan ????????

3. Solomon Islands ????????

4. Vanuatu ????????

5. Samoa ????????

6. Kiribati ????????

7. Federated States of Micronesia ????????

8. Tonga ???????? 

9. Marshall Islands ????????

10. Palau ????????

11. Tuvalu ????????

12. Nauru ????????

Good luck with that.

14 minutes ago, flyfrog said:

Covid free countries????name one please.

1. North Korea ???????? 

2. Turkmenistan ????????

3. Solomon Islands ????????

4. Vanuatu ????????

5. Samoa ????????

6. Kiribati ????????

7. Federated States of Micronesia ????????

8. Tonga ???????? 

9. Marshall Islands ????????

10. Palau ????????

11. Tuvalu ????????

12. Nauru ????????

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

It is an unfortunate fact of life that whenever there is a disaster there are invariably casualties.

Visited the Phi Phi tsunami memorial a couple of days ago, people should remember how tourist areas can really be decimated.

Phi Phi decimated?

"and they what? rebuilt it?!"

go figure ????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" "Let them eat cake" Im starting to see a similarities between 17th and 18th century French aristocracy and the bunch running this place...and we all know what happened then. You reap what you sow. Never mind I guess because tourism is less than 9% of GDP???? yeah right!

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"-  if it is broiche then it is not a  cake. A brioche is a bread made with butter and also yeast added. I used to make brioche from recipe I got from cook book.

Anybody make brioche here? It is a nice bread because it got butter in it.

Edited by poloshirt
correct word

Why don't they just say we aren't letting any tourists in? They say we have to do this , test for that, quarentine for this, and then last statement only allow those from Covid free countries in. How many countries are Covid free and how many people  from those countries travel to Thailand?

Edited by Tony125
correction
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

so what is it ?  first the 5 S's, then 5 R's and the 5 T's and now the 5 BS weekly update, we do need a good laugh because TGIF.... they can't make up their mind, they just throw words out there without even thinking about what they are saying 555

What is TGIF? Another poster who thinks he is texting.

13 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Hope the whole country goes bust.

Then we can back to the days when we were welcomed and had a good exchange rate. 

Then it really will be the land of smiles again.

Thailand, you forgot who supported you when you were a third world nation so its time to remind you.

But Thailand had a government then, look at what we have now, an unelected "PM" who is more suited to barking orders on the parade ground than running a country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is amazing that Thailand is successful at all given the number of completely stupid people in the government. 

"Hey! Let's buy some more completely worthless submarines while the people in Isan starve". Maybe we can engineer the country into a Chinese debt trap and formally become a vassal state. IGNORANCE ABOUNDS

Best to wait for third quarter to see actual state of Thai economy then serious decisions have to be made if and when country will be opened up. Tourist areas have been decimated it was easy to close borders but very hard to open them again however cannot rely upon cocoon for ever as Covid will be with us for the foreseeable future. Good Luck Politicians you are going to have to take serious decisions very soon whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

It is amazing that Thailand is successful at all given the number of completely stupid people in the government. 

"Hey! Let's buy some more completely worthless submarines while the people in Isan starve". Maybe we can engineer the country into a Chinese debt trap and formally become a vassal state. IGNORANCE ABOUNDS

Thailand is not the only country like what you describe. In South East Asia, there are other countries having very similar problems and the government behaving in same manner.

What do you expect from a police state?

Many south american countries are having similar problems. It shows bad people outnumber the good people in this world.

17 hours ago, alyx said:

What is the best definition for all these (same) themes ?

One step forwards ...2 steps backwards

One step backwards...One step forwards

Or Running in circles

And that is only the beginning I guess...but then again no need to read the new posts...just make a screenshot of the 175+ announcements  and counter-announcements and have them pop up on the screen depending on your mood. To read  and react without moderation lol

Try re newing your drivers license, they now want a proof of residency certificate, I went to BK and the outer immigration offices, NAH go another 20 minutes to a big empty building, fill out forms. Lady was NOT interested in rent receipts, my lease, AIS receipts, D-Tac receipts, oh what about my last six 90 day reports!? Nah, they aren't done in BK, so go away and figure that out, aaaaaargh! It took me 4 trips to Bang Chak to get my tax done. I need some black hair dye and a lot of fake tan!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

so what is it ?  first the 5 S's, then 5 R's and the 5 T's and now the 5 BS weekly update, we do need a good laugh because TGIF.... they can't make up their mind, they just throw words out there without even thinking about what they are saying 555

LOL - lack of leadership

22 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Perhaps you are mistaking greed for ignorance and stupidity.

1 hour ago, dlongstreath1 said:

Chinag Mai is a ghost town but hey who gives a <deleted> in Bangkok all their government jobs come with lifetime salaries.

CM will have to learn to adapt... there are other things to do than rip-off foreigners.

60 million Thais in Thailand but they won't pay CM prices.

• Like 1

Fear is going to destroy the country. It has already started. Other industry sectors will be next. Especially from the export sector as trade is down worldwide. So no tourism and a near 50% drop in manufactured good worldwide. That is two sectors and income that has gone. So this will slowly eat into other sectors until the dominoes all start to fall.

9 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Try re newing your drivers license, they now want a proof of residency certificate, I went to BK and the outer immigration offices, NAH go another 20 minutes to a big empty building, fill out forms. Lady was NOT interested in rent receipts, my lease, AIS receipts, D-Tac receipts, oh what about my last six 90 day reports!? Nah, they aren't done in BK, so go away and figure that out, aaaaaargh! It took me 4 trips to Bang Chak to get my tax done. I need some black hair dye and a lot of fake tan!

I have another example for you.

Once I bought a car in Phuket, that time I live there.

After I moving to changwat Phetchaburi, they steal the licenseplate from my car I was parking in Hua-hin.

So I go to the office in Cha-am, Oh, I'm sorry sir, your car is registrated in Phuket, you'll have to go to there for a new licenseplate.

I don't say aaaaaaargh, and found a way to get a new licenseplate.