Thailand not opening to foreign tourists any time soon

snoop1130

Ha ha....... Who didn't see that one coming ?    These boys are doing a cracking job, let's see if the "Duce"  has the balls to put the crown on, that'll be a laugh........    I'm getting that funny feeling that someone's reading Pol Pots manual again........  Must of had it translated from the original Chinese into Thai, oh sorry i forgot, most of the government khao jai Chinese already......    " Leave the city and go back to the country and grow rice ".......... Oh dear........ who says that history doesn't repeat itself ?   

18 hours ago, alyx said:

What is the best definition for all these (same) themes ?

One step forwards ...2 steps backwards

One step backwards...One step forwards

Or Running in circles

And that is only the beginning I guess...but then again no need to read the new posts...just make a screenshot of the 175+ announcements  and counter-announcements and have them pop up on the screen depending on your mood. To read  and react without moderation lol

I think it is called the shrimp tactic, attitude or something like that.

Quite typical, I'm afraid...

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Acronym for Thank God Its Friday, and he is being thankful that it will be 2 more days (Because of the weekend) before any more silliness is spouted by the Government rogues.

Thanks, but this sort of thing is going over the top now.

15 hours ago, connda said:

Yippie!!! When the wife and I tour this high season we don't have to share the beach with foreigners!!!  People-less beaches!  Perfect!  All I need is a Corona and some limes. <laughs>

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Rumak will be there !   Please stay on your side of the beach  ....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

What it is, is T.A.T and Phuket governor plus a multitude of businesses trying to push Prayut to open the borders.

While Prayut is listening to the health minister who says it would be suicide.

So depending which one posts a view the news changes every day.

So, today and tomorrow it will remain quiet and we should not expect any change.

That makes me happy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

so what is it ?  first the 5 S's, then 5 R's and the 5 T's and now the 5 BS weekly update, we do need a good laugh because TGIF.... they can't make up their mind, they just throw words out there without even thinking about what they are saying 555

What a few of you miss is the fact that non of these delusions of opening comes from the top guy. Just gives you more to complain about.

18 hours ago, alyx said:

What is the best definition for all these (same) themes ?

One step forwards ...2 steps backwards

One step backwards...One step forwards

Or Running in circles

And that is only the beginning I guess...but then again no need to read the new posts...just make a screenshot of the 175+ announcements  and counter-announcements and have them pop up on the screen depending on your mood. To read  and react without moderation lol

And your solution is what?

18 hours ago, Marco100 said:

Ramblings ... mean time Myanmar Cheap Labor enters the Country both legally and illegaly according to news and in Myanmar Covid cases are surging but that no one is mentioning ???

Porous Borders 

44 minutes ago, natway09 said:

You do have to admit though after your slagging of the Government that the goal posts are moving every day. What looked like "safe" cities  6 weeks ago are now not (eg Melbourne & Auckland ).

Now if they had let planeloads of tourists in from these areas we would have the pandemic right here.

I am convinced that the Thai authorities are getting hundreds of worldwide 

reports every day & attempting the make the most correct, safest & often difficult decisions for the good of the Thai people & those of us who liver here.

Heaven knows, I am suffering in business very badly personally on 2 counts but do not want to see the place overrun with the virus like other places (Phillippines springs to mind) which in the long run could do more damage.

I stated before as February being about the time for serious appraisal & many airlines are looking at the same

Yes people are being re infected in HK and Nevada USA don’t play with this KungFlu

I was thinking of doing a bit of domestic tourism next month....somewhere quiet. I was thinking somewhere in Phuket, as it is drivable for me. But not if they are letting in a whole mess of foreign covid-ridden tourists. Stay home or mind somewhere else is the message.

• Haha 1

First of all just keep talking about their idiotic plan they must face the reality first where in my view normally thinking people won’t go there to be put in such an insanity but let’s see. I’ll be shocked if their plan will be working as they think it. So if you go from a covid free country then what’s the point of going through  all that insane process there? 

Anyway all these covid survey cases numbers  just very well manipulated by the  politics through the media it’s a nice fooling. I’m not saying there is no flue at all just like every year but now it got a huge marketing to be able to apply their mandatory vaccination program to every country. 

16 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Phuket residents can not to worry. So called ‘Phuket model’ is just another idiotic fantasy which will never be implemented. 

Ahhh, pining for the good-old days of the "Phuket model." 

"Which model do you like, 'eh?"
Hummm, sorta like the bookend models myself.  :wink:

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpeg.ab6b6cfeb74b618c66d036f3177036ae.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

There are no Covid free countries.  At least not any which would citizens allow to travel to Thailand and return home easily. 

This has become a circus. Just wait until the foreign companies start closing their factories and the apartment builders go belly up...so much more than tourism affected

Yes, there are absolutely no Covid free countries. Except some islands in the pacific ocean. And I include Thailand into this statement. I don't belive in Santa Claus either, by the way.

Covid-19, the grand Thai theatre and drama

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I was thinking somewhere in Phuket, as it is drivable for me. But not if they are letting in a whole mess of foreign covid-ridden tourists. 

Easy there tiger. It's not going to happen.  All of us dirty covid ridden farangs won't be coming to Phuket now.

You're nice and safe. 

• Like 1

Thailand desperately need a new PM. New ministers with level headed and future forward drive. Prayut is not a people's person  and the people don't want him for the above reasons. 

Thailand need a election  to put a end to the army's racism and selfish manner.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

You do know that people in Hong Kong and now a case in Nevada USA , people getting reinfection, guy in Nevada had it in March now has it again , Many instanced in HK too, I feel Safe here , Dont open , Yet 

I can go along with that.

I want it on record that I have not used the words idiots,  stupid ,  retarded, imbeciles,......... or similar

such references .   If i was a "powerful figure"  and someone brought these things to my attention,  ohoooo..... i would be working on my next "scheme".    And it would be even less farang friendly.

but what the heck.   go for it boys .  farang lives matter ( lorrrrrr ? )  เหรอ .......

Edited by rumak