No mercy! Death sentence handed down to EIGHT Thais despite admissions of guilt

rooster59

3 minutes ago, fangless said:

I am most definitely am not agreeing with you and it is totally misleading to imply that I am.

we most definitely agree. We both want less drug abuse and less drug addicts, and the way there is legalization/decriminalization. It's just you haven't realized it yet, but if you would just look at the facts we would agree, as we have the same goal in mind.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, hobz said:

countries that have decriminalized or legalized drugs see much less drug abuse. it's a fact.

Did you bother to read and comprehend the definition of abuse as stated above?

2 minutes ago, fangless said:

Did you bother to read and comprehend the definition of abuse as stated above?

Yes and i'm telling you that drug abuse goes down when a country decriminalizes or legalizes drugs. 

https://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

Part of why drug addicts keep abusing drugs is because the war on drug stigmatizes them and punishes them instead of helping them. 

So if you support the war on drugs in the form Thailand is doing it you are actually promoting drug abuse. 

Edited by hobz
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, fangless said:

Do not confuse abuse with use and/or crime.  When in a whole stop digging or read and comprehend.

A 2015 study found that since Portugal approved the new national strategy in 1999 that led to decriminalization, the per capita social cost of drug misuse decreased by 18%.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, rooster59 said:

Thailand reportedly has more than 500 prisoners on death row, notes Thaivisa.

It should be made mandatory a week after sentencing, that if the facts and evidence are solid 100%, no doubt then on with it, what are they waiting for ?

On 8/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, jesimps said:

Who cares if it sends a message or not. Put them down and save the taxpayers the cost of keeping them in jail. The moral of this tale is if you don't want to face a death sentence, don't sell hard drugs. Seems such a simple choice to me.

Thailand has only executed 1 prisoner in the last few years....which shows they are more compassionate than other nations and people like you....these guys arrested dont sell the drugs ..they are just poor guys paid small money to transport the drugs...the big fish are never caught....also the death sentence doesnt change anything...desperate people will always do desperate things.....maybe some of these guys will get out of jail in 5...10..15...20.. years ?? and contribute to the community.....

On 8/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, Chivas said:

Excellent. Hang em high. All drug dealers should be executed worldwide absolute utter filth..... In addition end users of any unprescribed drug should get a 5 stretch. Let the convicted build the jails to house them all albeit as the 5s are handed down and reported daily end use will immediately hugely drop when little Johnny walking into a disco with his couple of E's leaves the place in handcuffs knowing the Scrubs is awaiting

Pander to this filth too much...

Yep I'm hugely anti drugs lol

great idea...all those potheads in the 15 or so USA states that have legalised dope should be executed...and the millions of people worldwide who have an E or a 1/2 gram of coke for a party should be done away as well....that will work......yeah 5 years for an E...thats fair.....maybe we should execute anyone who has enough alcohol in their possession to cause them to get drunk and drink drive, get into fights, cause domestic violence etc... I hate alcohol...its such a low stone..only for morons......yep I agree with you ...ban any intoxicating substance...drugs and alcohol and execute anyone who uses either.....

It is now broadly accepted that the judicial review provided to death-penalty cases in the United States has been inadequate to prevent the execution of at least some prisoners who were wrongly convicted and sentenced to death. In Thailand, accusing foreigners of everything nasty is a thing. Luckily, none have been executed. 

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/innocence/executed-but-possibly-innocent

Edited by Purdey
add reference