No mercy! Death sentence handed down to EIGHT Thais despite admissions of guilt

rooster59

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

In too many farang countries he would have been a free man in a decade, give or take a few years.

Lets hope THAILAND doesnt get infected with these liberal ideas but stays strong and fair.

A convict in New Zealand, William Dwane Bell murdered three people (and had more than 100 other criminal convictions)--he got 30 years for a triple murder. He'll be 53 when he gets out. That's an outrageous miscarriage of justice, and I'd bet my life's savings he'll kill again when he's out. The NZ authorities apparently have no clue about either criminology or victimology. They need to read John Douglas' "Mindhunter" and "Journey into Darkness." Douglas along with Robert Ressler (who coined the term "serial killer") was the original FBI profiler and also the lead author of the FBI's Crime Classification Manual. He would be aghast. Meanwhile the families he's ruined will be worrying about their safety once he's out.

Edited by Dustdevil

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

Excellent news - carry out sentence tomorrow please

Agree with the conviction even when this could eventually change into life prison.

However what interests me most .. how does this seemingly effective operation of Thai institutions, police and justice compare to the BOSS case ? OK, there was 'only' one death and no drugs trade, but why Thai folks don't make a point that apparently the system is capable to find and convict criminals whereas in another case in which the evidence is even more overwhelming, they can't. We know the reasons why, but why the public opinion doesn't insist to have an answer to this question.

• Sad 1

Thailand frequently sentences people to the death sentence but it's rarely carried out as the govt usually commutes it to a life in prison X-years later.  Once commuted then time for good behavior and/or sentence reduction can occur which means the death sentence went to a life in prison sentence then to a lessor sentence....and then release from prison after 10-30 years.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Thailand#:~:text=Thailand retains the death penalty,persons remain on death row.

Capital punishment in Thailand

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Thailand, as of 2018, is one of 58 nations that retains capital punishment. Of the 10 ASEAN nations, only Cambodia and the Philippines have outlawed it, though Laos and Brunei have not conducted executions for decades.[1]

Thailand retains the death penalty, but carries it out only sporadically. Since 1935 Thailand has executed 326 persons, 319 by gunshot—the last on 11 December 2003—and seven by lethal injection (the latest was executed on 18 June 2018). As of March 2018, 510 persons remain on death row.[2] As of October 2019, 59 of them are women, 58 of them for drug-related offenses.[3]:31 Bang Khwang Central Prison contains the nation's primary death row, but death rows are present for both men and women in provincial prisons.[1]

image.png.e4d19938fb99a4c11b693b87e7e6c568.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

Did you take into account that around 5-6 percent of the executed were in fact innocent?

Which actually means the state committed murder?

And do you really have such high regards for the investigators seen the admissions of guilt and the automatic building of the case around the admission?

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if caught with that amount, in your car, a quick death instead of years of waiting

oh, that was taksin style, right ?

any high level drug people murdered during the extraductal killings under Thaksin? think you'll find the answer is No

55 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Death inflicted on willful murderers can be supported.
But not for traffickers and other legal offenses.
The sentence will not be applied and the guilty will be pardoned in 10 or 15 years.
So much the better.

Death for pre-meditated murder, child rape and armed robbery (death/ injury or not)  Drug related crimes such as this and other very serious crimes should have a life sentence where LIFE MEANS LIFE. No pardons for good behaviour, royal birthday pardons, old age etc.

All very gung ho, chest beating stuff. I was attacked by a drug crazed bar girl on my last visit, repeatedly kicking & stamping on my already injured head. Now I have difficulty walking unaided. I know the damage yaba can do. Execution is wrong in all cases, end of. Summary justice? This isn't a John Wayne movie. Or perhaps you would like to live in the Wild West. Howdy partner let's give them thar baddies a woppin! Yee Haa!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoePai said:

How can you delight in the misfortune of others? 

In my opinion a life sentence is more than enough. 

They will be pardoned for sure, all for show. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

A convict in New Zealand, William Dwane Bell murdered three people (and had more than 100 other criminal convictions)--he got 30 years for a triple murder. He'll be 53 when he gets out. That's an outrageous miscarriage of justice, and I'd bet my life's savings he'll kill again when he's out. The NZ authorities apparently have no clue about either criminology or victimology. They need to read John Douglas' "Mindhunter" and "Journey into Darkness." Douglas along with Robert Ressler (who coined the term "serial killer") was the original FBI profiler and also the lead author of the FBI's Crime Classification Manual. He would be aghast. Meanwhile the families he's ruined will be worrying about their safety once he's out.

Don't you believe in rehabilitation? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hvdo said:

Agree with the conviction even when this could eventually change into life prison.

However what interests me most .. how does this seemingly effective operation of Thai institutions, police and justice compare to the BOSS case ? OK, there was 'only' one death and no drugs trade, but why Thai folks don't make a point that apparently the system is capable to find and convict criminals whereas in another case in which the evidence is even more overwhelming, they can't. We know the reasons why, but why the public opinion doesn't insist to have an answer to this question.

You know the answer and so do society. 

Only expats here seem to care. 

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Who cares if it sends a message or not. Put them down and save the taxpayers the cost of keeping them in jail. The moral of this tale is if you don't want to face a death sentence, don't sell hard drugs. Seems such a simple choice to me.

Hopefully they will start executing Farang drug dealers too. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The way to make a statement is for them to actually carryout the sentence

Any evidence that would result in less crime?

Many countries have tried different approaches, nowhere is there any evidence that death penalties (carried out or not) are effective to keep others from doing the same.

And look around you in traffic... want to change the risk of your kid dying at a minor accident brought from "very high" to "minimal" by putting him in a child seat? Many don't bother, they take the risk. Same with wearing a helmet on the motorbike, not driving while under the influence, or or not sitting in the back of a pickup... People don't think about the consequences, cause they think it wont happen to them. The next drug dealer with 500kg will just continue, because he wont get caught. Or he will bribe his way out. No matter the possible consequences, many people keep taking huge risks (even with barely any return, like in traffic). 

• Like 1