Yemeni boxer falls to his death from Chiang Mai hotel

rooster59

Yemeni boxer falls to his death from Chiang Mai hotel

By THE NATION

800_7efb283c0208172.jpg

In a suspected case of suicide, a Yemeni boxer reportedly jumped to his death from his hotel room in Chiang Mai province.

Chang Phueak Police Station in Muang district was informed about a man falling from a hotel located on Chang Phueak Road in Sriphum subdistrict at night on Friday (August 28).

Police found the body of Ahmed al-Aidros, 23, a Yemeni national, with multiple injuries caused by the fall.

Police questioned his Thai girlfriend on the fifth floor of the hotel. She reportedly told police that the deceased was a boxer who had been living in Thailand for over two years and had participated in various boxing tournaments throughout Thailand.

“Two days ago, he picked me up from Phuket to go on a trip to Chiang Mai,” she said. “Last night we talked about him being unable to find a boxing job due to Covid-19 before I went to bed, as we were planning to travel to Phrae the next day. Then I saw him walking out to the balcony, probably to smoke a cigarette, I thought, but he never returned until I got up to check and saw that he had already jumped out.”

Police speculated that the deceased might have decide to commit suicide due to the stress of being out of a job.

The deceased’s body was sent to Maharaj Nakhon Chiang Mai Hospital for detailed autopsy to determine the cause of death. Police have also informed the consulate-general's office of Yemen in Bangkok to contact the deceased’s relatives.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393707

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-29

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The deceased’s body was sent to Maharaj Nakhon Chiang Mai Hospital for detailed autopsy to determine the cause of death.

I believe I can help them with that. I would assume that his death was caused by hitting something hard that suddenly stopped the fall.

However, It´s really sad to see what trails that are left from the pandemic. It will probably get worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Hotel on Chang Phueak with 5 floors? So young at 23 and having mind problems. Too bad. Boy, CM over the past 20 years does seem to get its share of jumpers now and then. I remember seeing one kid climb a high billboard and did himself in years back. Probably same age as this kid. The billboard is no longer there as is a Best Buy on the corner near Kad Suan Kaew Mall. Being moneyless in Thailand and young is not a good thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Hotel on Chang Phueak with 5 floors? So young at 23 and having mind problems. Too bad. Boy, CM over the past 20 years does seem to get its share of jumpers now and then. I remember seeing one kid climb a high billboard and did himself in years back. Probably same age as this kid. The billboard is no longer there as is a Best Buy on the corner near Kad Suan Kaew Mall. Being moneyless in Thailand and young is not a good thing.

Australian, wasnt he ?

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

The report states that he was looking for a boxing job , which would make him a professional 

So, that makes people looking for work in 7-Eleven professional cashiers, or a person that wish to join a pool club a professional player?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Usual TVF bickering.

Someone picks up on something or reacts, and then like dominoes, it just continues.

#1 He's dead.

#2 He may or may not have been a pro boxer, and ex pro boxer, an aspiring pro boxer or anything else.

#3 Here in Thailand many men smoke, even boxers and gym instructors. It's not ideal, but they do it.

Can we move on now?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The report states that he was looking for a boxing job , which would make him a professional 

No, it would just make him an unemployed foreigner looking for a job!

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 2long said:

Usual TVF bickering.

Someone picks up on something or reacts, and then like dominoes, it just continues.

#1 He's dead.

#2 He may or may not have been a pro boxer, and ex pro boxer, an aspiring pro boxer or anything else.

#3 Here in Thailand many men smoke, even boxers and gym instructors. It's not ideal, but they do it.

Can we move on now?

Since when have you been in charge?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not professional boxers.

Really, there are many here is just one of them:

Boxer Ricardo Mayorga became famous for drinking and smoking, as well as his relentless trash talking prior to fights. When asked about his smoking, Mayorga responded “yes, I smoke a lot, but I also run a lot, box a lot and train a lot.”

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Traveling Phuket - Chiang Mai - Phrae on leisure. 

Yeah, sounds like he was out on the street. 

Though fair enough that's how he ended up. 

Um, he was looking for a job so his funds were more than likely almost drained out, and CM just happened to be the end of his line.