Yemeni boxer falls to his death from Chiang Mai hotel

rooster59

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Do you have a cure for that?

I don't think that a cure was the issue... I know sympathy and compassion are probably too much to ask from you, so, for the sake of a poor soul and his family and GF... sometimes no comment is better... 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police speculated that the deceased might have decide to commit suicide due to the stress of being out of a job

That is only speculation, the cause of death should be an open verdict , because there is no evidence that it was deliberate .

He may have accidently fallen 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police speculated that the deceased might have decide to commit suicide due to the stress of being out of a job.

Aged 23, no funds in Thailand other than boxing which he couldn't continue with.

Lived here for 2 years so nothing coming in from outside the country, and no opportunities to go back.

Sad situation.

1 minute ago, Santiagored22 said:

I knew Ahmed rather well,we were joking around just the other day on Instagram.

If you knew the guy you would not believe in a million years he would commit suicide. Plus the GF story makes no sense.  This is Foul play, has to be!

Why doesnt the GF story make sense ?

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Usually aspiring professionals don’t smoke either....

No, then they must be really hot and smoldering. So in essence they are smoking hot.....

Being a hi flier does get you noticed at the bottom by the little people. Just leaves behind those who wonder why.  Foul play is a distinct possibility if done in the presence of another, or its done to show the other person they really were serious about there problems and were not listened too.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Ahmed was one of the most mentally tough and focused young men I have ever known in my life. He has been skint the whole time he's been in Thailand, he planned a trip with his gf and then randomly jumped from the balcony. As far as I know he didn't smoke ciggerets. Plus he didn't say anything about his "struggle" to family or friends. We spoke alot and never did he mention anything.  It makes no sense to anyone who knows him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Santiagored22 said:

Ahmed was one of the most mentally tough and focused young men I have ever known in my life. He has been skint the whole time he's been in Thailand, he planned a trip with his gf and then randomly jumped from the balcony. As far as I know he didn't smoke ciggerets. Plus he didn't say anything about his "struggle" to family or friends. We spoke alot and never did he mention anything.  It makes no sense to anyone who knows him!

I'm with you on this, I only met Ahmed a few times, but worked with his father for over 15 years...he's not short of money and would have sent it should Ahmed needed it.

I talked to his dad this morning and he's trying to get on a flight here in the next few days.

Posters, please have some respect for his family and don't post wild and whimsical carp as there is a very good chance they will read it.

• Thanks 1

Her story isn’t true. I also don’t think an athletic 20 something would jump from just the 5 th floor. It’s too low and has a chance of survival with broken bones. There have been 10th floor  jumps where people survived here in Thailand reported on TVF. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Rich people don't commit suicide?

Wow.

I think you just won the dumbest post ever award.

Congratulations. ????

Honestly you need to enhance your reading skills. I said generally which actually puts u in the category for lame. 

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Obviously not, Mr. People With Money Don't Commit Suicide. ????

There you go again shooting your mouth off without fine tuning your reading skills. The article more or less suggests it is a money problem. But let’s wait and see what it was really about. My statement used the term generally. Anyway keep on laughing with yourself and go bother someone else with your nonsense. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I believe I can help them with that. I would assume that his death was caused by hitting something hard that suddenly stopped the fall.

However, It´s really sad to see what trails that are left from the pandemic. It will probably get worse. 

So, was it internal bleeding then caused by ruptured organs, or maybe a ruptured artery or maybe a skull fracture, or imploded lungs, or perhaps a broken rib that pierced his lungs and or his heart, etc.? 

The only thing YOU can tell is that the injuries sustained on impacting the ground have killed him, but which one exactly only an autopsy can tell, hence they’re doing one! 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I do think it´s a little bit too late for any help here, but I didn´t expect you to understand that.

You’re utterly unqualified to help in the subject matter whatsoever, which you have made clearly evident in your original post on the subject matter! 

3 hours ago, Santiagored22 said:

You’d be surprised how many people with clinical depression seem to be perfectly normal when you talk to them because they’re extremely good at keeping up the facade. Take Chester Bennington for example., there’s videos of him a couple of days beforehand when he did the carpool karaoke with James Cordon and he seemed perfectly normal. The day before he killed him self they shot a family vacation video in which he seemed to be perfectly normal, too. 

Now I’m not saying you’re wrong when it comes to Ahmed, I’m also not saying that he suffered from depression, all I’m saying is that just because he seemed perfectly normal to you doesn’t mean that all was perfect behind closed doors. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Honestly you need to enhance your reading skills. I said generally which actually puts u in the category for lame. 

No, it doesn’t because your original statement doesn’t hold any water whatsoever! There’s been tons of rich people who committed suicide because once you get to the point where you actually do take your life, material things like money have long lost their value! You’d know that, if he you had actually looked into the subject matter, which you clearly didn’t, instead you resorted to posting whatever rubbish went through your mind at the time, and then you have the nerve to be condescending when someone points out your flawed way of thinking! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really, there are many here is just one of them:

Boxer Ricardo Mayorga became famous for drinking and smoking, as well as his relentless trash talking prior to fights. When asked about his smoking, Mayorga responded “yes, I smoke a lot, but I also run a lot, box a lot and train a lot.”

One of my favourite images from Sydney 2000 Olympics, I was there on the night of Cathy Freeman 400 metres, Mens 5kms and Tatiana in the pole vault. The big screen roamed over to the less popular Mens long jump as the announcer advised Jai Taurima was in 2nd place. The camera focused on Jai as he was drawing from his ciggy. He won the silver medal with 8.49 metres and the righteous folk afterwards were baying that he could have won Gold.

The occasional smoke will not kill you. Data from the largest NIH epidemiological mega study found that 90% of smokers don't get lung cancer. And of those that do, 90% smoke over a pack a day for 40 years.. https://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/15/3/517.full?ijkey=f64b3818750225ee4fca48137b658e4463d74b0d#BIB1

Other studies show that a person who smokes 10 ciggies a day is has 0.2% of contracting lung cancer. It's an exponential graph so can imagine what 5 a day or 10 a week does - <deleted> all.

The world is a much better place with ciggy smoke everywhere and certainly many, many lives are being saved. But like our Covid medical advisors and authorities, those behind the anti-smoking crusade can be a little over zealous. 

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

No, it doesn’t because your original statement doesn’t hold any water whatsoever! There’s been tons of rich people who committed suicide because once you get to the point where you actually do take your life, material things like money have long lost their value! You’d know that, if he you had actually looked into the subject matter, which you clearly didn’t, instead you resorted to posting whatever rubbish went through your mind at the time, and then you have the nerve to be condescending when someone points out your flawed way of thinking! 

Not flawed as the article clearly painted he was looking here in CM for a job and came up with nada. So I also used in another post “generally” people don’t jump when referring to having money, but it did not outright say not possible. How about let’s take another look at it this way, as perhaps he was overly depressed because he knew he would have to leave Disneyland if he did not have work here, and life anywhere else is just not worth it. Any way, you have really lashed out on more people here about this article. Do you yourself have depression or considered doing the same thing?, or have had a family loved one or friend take his or her life? There are a lot of foreigners who axe themselves off here because of money problems. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Her story isn’t true. I also don’t think an athletic 20 something would jump from just the 5 th floor. It’s too low and has a chance of survival with broken bones. There have been 10th floor  jumps where people survived here in Thailand reported on TVF. 

I think it more likely that someone would jump from the 5th floor to commit suicide than it would be for someone to attempt murder pushing someone from the 5th floor.