Yemeni boxer falls to his death from Chiang Mai hotel

rooster59

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

People generally don't do a jumper to kill themselves if they have money 

People generally don't commit suicide.

People that do commit suicide generally don't have money?? 

Oh man! ????

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

The article more or less suggests ....

A Thai news article, in Enrish, more or less suggests.... ????

Oh man, don't ever represent yourself in court. ????

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Not flawed as the article clearly painted he was looking here in CM for a job

Eh??

It says, paints or sings absolutely nothing of the sort.

It says:

“Two days ago, he picked me up from Phuket to go on a trip to Chiang Mai,” she said. “Last night we talked about him being unable to find a boxing job due to Covid-19 before I went to bed, as we were planning to travel to Phrae the next day.

Holiday, from Phuket, on a trip to Chiang Mai for 3 days, then a trip to Phrae, with his girlfriend.

????  

20 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

People generally don't commit suicide.

People that do commit suicide generally don't have money?? 

Oh man! ????

A Thai news article, in Enrish, more or less suggests.... ????

Oh man, don't ever represent yourself in court. ????

It is not always about money young people being bullied on the internet 

commit suicide daily all over the world. ( just an example )

Edited by Meat Pie 47
added

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Eh??

It says, paints or sings absolutely nothing of the sort.

It says:

Holiday, from Phuket, on a trip to Chiang Mai for 3 days, then a trip to Phrae, with his girlfriend.

????  

You can keep on flapping your gums all you want trying to rewrite and attack what I wrote as your argument is clueless. Fact is he was looking for work and the only place he could have been staying on Chang Pheauk that was 5 stories high with a balcony more than likely is only a few hundred baht a night rent a room not the Grand Hyatt or Shangri-La . Generally foreigners in Thailand with money do not kill themselves here, but there have been some in a lot of body pain who couldn't take it any more. You see how Generally is used! 

Not sure how long you have been here, but doesn't sound long at all. As I also had suggested to a poster is that if it wasn't about the money looking for a job, then maybe he was distraught over having to leave Disneyland as no there was no other possibility and no other place he wanted to stay or go back to. Thailand sort of grows on you.

As I will suggest and request for the last time, stay off of my posts as your comments to me are unappreciated.

10 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Oh stop your lying.

There is absolutely no mention of him looking for work. 

Stop making up 'facts'. Your lies only embarrass yourself. 

Quote: “Last night we talked about him being unable to find a boxing job" ... Now shut your trap!!!!!!!! As I said your reading skills are now less than mediocre.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, holy cow cm said:

Hotel on Chang Phueak with 5 floors? So young at 23 and having mind problems. Too bad. Boy, CM over the past 20 years does seem to get its share of jumpers now and then. I remember seeing one kid climb a high billboard and did himself in years back. Probably same age as this kid. The billboard is no longer there as is a Best Buy on the corner near Kad Suan Kaew Mall. Being moneyless in Thailand and young is not a good thing.

The COVID 19 situation didn't just hit Thailand pretty hard.

There are countless people trapped in SEA countries without cash. 

Many robberies, thefts, and arrests of foreigners are reported in Vietnam daily.

RIP, young man. Not a nice way to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Oh stop your lying.

There is absolutely no mention of him looking for work. 

Stop making up 'facts'. Your lies only embarrass yourself. 

Why are you accusing another poster to be a liar?

“Last night we talked about him being unable to find a boxing job due to Covid-19 before I went to bed, as we were planning to travel to Phrae the next day. " ( from the OP)

On 8/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, holy cow cm said:

PeopleSO  generally don't do a jumper to kill themselves if they have money and no worries.

So what do they do if they have money and worries hang themselves with a belt?

Like Robin Williams who had 50-100 million USD net worth?

21 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Not flawed as the article clearly painted he was looking here in CM for a job and came up with nada. So I also used in another post “generally” people don’t jump when referring to having money, but it did not outright say not possible. How about let’s take another look at it this way, as perhaps he was overly depressed because he knew he would have to leave Disneyland if he did not have work here, and life anywhere else is just not worth it. Any way, you have really lashed out on more people here about this article. Do you yourself have depression or considered doing the same thing?, or have had a family loved one or friend take his or her life? There are a lot of foreigners who axe themselves off here because of money problems. 

I was only lashing out at you because you made a ridiculous statement, as I’ve pointed out already, and when someone pointed it out to you you came back with a condescending remark! 

That’s all there is to it! 

Money problems, but somehow he manages to tour around Thailand with a girlfriend.

Can't think money was really a problem.

If I had money problems I'd get rid of the gf and stop taking holidays before I considered suicide.

Maybe it was a girlfriend problem?

Or maybe he was smoking yaba/ice and thought he could fly  .... we've all assumed tobacco.

Or maybe he didn't jump at all.

Or maybe he slipped and fell on the wet tiles.

A sad and inexplicable ending to a young life.

Edited by BritManToo

9 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I was only lashing out at you because you made a ridiculous statement, as I’ve pointed out already, and when someone pointed it out to you you came back with a condescending remark! 

That’s all there is to it! 

Not really ridiculous if read correctly, but at this point time to drop it. The young kid is dead and that's all there is to it!

23 hours ago, mogandave said:

I think it more likely that someone would jump from the 5th floor to commit suicide than it would be for someone to attempt murder pushing someone from the 5th floor. 

Well if the girlfriend caused his fall, I doubt she planned it in advance.  More likely it resulted from an impulsive well placed shove during an argument that caught him by surprise and off balance.  

On 8/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, holy cow cm said:

Hotel on Chang Phueak with 5 floors? So young at 23 and having mind problems. Too bad. Boy, CM over the past 20 years does seem to get its share of jumpers now and then. I remember seeing one kid climb a high billboard and did himself in years back. Probably same age as this kid. The billboard is no longer there as is a Best Buy on the corner near Kad Suan Kaew Mall. Being moneyless in Thailand and young is not a good thing.

I also remember seeing the kid (before he jumped) when he was on that billboard where Power Buy is now.