Your Predictions for Premier League 2020/21 champions

Bredbury Blue

So let's have your predictions (caveat) based on current squads.

I can only see it being between City and Liverpool again.

Liverpool haven't changed their squad much, they're on a roll but the question is whether they are still peaking or if we will begin to see a decline. Klopp seems to play the same players over an over and they've won the big two trophies over the past 2 or 3 seasons so it'd be normal to see some drop off, but will we.

City have just come off an usual season. First game up we lost Sane so had to play our best wide right player Sterling wide left, 5th game in we lost Laporte so had to play our best DM in the backline, Mendy was in and out, Silva's form dropped off but he was great after the restart and before he left us, so our left side was always a bit of a mess and we struggled because of it. Ake has been a good buy (covers LB and LCB) and Torres (will add pace up front) and if we can get a decent RCB in we should be better balanced and equipped this season.

My heart says City but my head says Liverpoo.

Bring it on.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With all the very opinionated posters on the Footie forum, it's hard to believe that nobody has an opinion on which club will be this season's PL Champions.

On the other hand, many will want to watch a couple of games under the new conditions before spouting on about it. EG the lack of atmosphere at Anfield? derogatory effect on LFC's chances? Must increase everyone elses?

Far too early even for educated guesses!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

On the other hand, many will want to watch a couple of games under the new conditions before spouting on about it. EG the lack of atmosphere at Anfield? derogatory effect on LFC's chances? Must increase everyone elses?

Far too early even for educated guesses!

As i stated right up top "predictions (caveat) based on current squads". But yes it will always be a guess, an opinion (of which there are plenty on here), a prediction. And i really don't think crowds or lack of crowds will be a major effect on who wins / doesn't win.

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As i stated right up top "predictions (caveat) based on current squads". But yes it will always be a guess, an opinion (of which there are plenty on here), a prediction. And i really don't think crowds or lack of crowds will be a major effect on who wins / doesn't win.

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

SO The Anfield Roar was just a fallacy and wasn't needed anyway. I hope so. ????

So if we'd played the whole of last season without fans do you think it would have made a difference to where you finished, no neither do i. So what's your point.

You are reacting that its unusual pre-season for people to predict the seasons winners and loser - no, can't do it, need to see a few games first, need to know if there will be fans in the ground or not.

Not sure why you are being mardy on this topic - oh yeah, i posted it ????

I will go for Liverpool to win again. City haven't made great signings for me, still good enough to be 2nd though. Ake played in a team with a dreadful defensive record and though that was not all down to him I would worry about just how good he is. Interesting that Lampard passed up the opportunity to have him back.

Chelsea look like they have great options up front. GK needs sorting and maybe a CB. They should be 3rd and could possibly make 2nd.

4th place is down to Spurs, Man U or Arsenal. I could not care less about any of them really.

Pochettino will end up back in management at one of the top sides, likely Man Utd.

Main priority for my season is seeing Bolton get promoted from League 2. We are already dumped out of the League Cup by promotion rivals Bradford, but plenty of time to improve.

I am sure it will be an entertaining season and am looking forward to seeing the crowds allowed back in, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Like 2