Motorbike from Chiang Mai to Pai with my dog.

1cosmo

I want to ride my motorcycle from Chiang Mai to Pai, with my small dog. But I once heard the Pai check point won't let you bring a dog into Pai?

Also, anyone know if there are problems entering Pai due to the corona virus?

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Bringing all of her vaccination history is a good idea. 

Maybe I will try to somehow contact the check point,. But it does not seem they would have a problem with a small chihuahua. And I am ok with a small fee ???? 

I can't really imagine that this would be a problem. But if you worry about it, instead of taking the usual route you could also take route 1349 to "Wat Chan", and then continue on 1265 until "Paeng", then turn left on this small road which doesn't have a number on Google maps but leads to Pai. It's also a nice route, will of course take you quite some more time than the standard route, but there won't be any checkpoint.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jackdd said:

I can't really imagine that this would be a problem. But if you worry about it, instead of taking the usual route you could also take route 1349 to "Wat Chan", and then continue on 1265 until "Paeng", then turn left on this small road which doesn't have a number on Google maps but leads to Pai. It's also a nice route, will of course take you quite some more time than the standard route, but there won't be any checkpoint.

great suggestion! - thanks

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Maybe a rabies issue?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43395806

Perhaps having proof of your pooch having been vaccinated against rabies would enable clear passage. Maybe a local vet can advise.

So they stop all who have dog whit them and ask rabies! When in Thailand nobody care that!?All soi dogs can still walk like want! Or maybe they stop soi dog's also and ask vaccine! There is 100000 officers looking in Pai boders that no dog's crossing they boder! Come to planet earth! More important come Thailand!