This place is becoming like a ghost town

CorpusChristie

18 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

My first challenge is getting back into LOS as Im stuck in the Great American Dumpster Fire...hope she will wait for me....she could be the one...maybe a can fake a medical visa to be by her side....ting tong visa

Hopefully , immigration will issue a ting tong  visa,  for the alien / farang .

Ting Tong Visa ..Sound's good to me ...

Edited by elliss
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

not many people in the bars , either drinking or working

Perhaps you should try going to the more popular bars which the rest of us frequent. 

Oops on second thoughts if your conversation is anything like your posts just keep to your present haunts please!

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Which bars are they ?

Not telling you for obvious reasons!

But then you know so much about CM that you should should know ALL about all the bars here anyway without anyone's help.

Edited by fangless
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wait, before you go , its not the CM Zoo where you can fondle Tigers nuts , its actually the Tiger Kingdom , which is a different place to the zoo and about 10 K's away .

I would hate you to be disappointed going to the zoo and requesting a tiger fondling nuts ticket and then being redirected to the Tiger Kingdom  

I will seek your knowledge in the future on all tiger testicle related subjects.    and here i was thinking you would not know a testicle from a popsicle !     now leave me alone 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

However it clearly is having a serious impact for many , another year of it could lead to major social unrest, you may find that a tad less cosy.

you know, part of me wants to agree with you.   BUT this thread is about CM .   I guess ( since i do not live there and so am not going to act like an expert).... that the biggest tourist enclaves are places like Pattaya,  Koh Samui , and Phuket.    I think that the largest amount of businesses and therefore employees that have lost businesses and jobs would be there.

As i stated,  the tourist area and related businesses IMO  are a very small part of the economy in CM.

Also i do not pay attention to "numbers" that people/media throw around as they are more often chips from a bull than real knowledge.   I believe what i see and know,  and i know CM well.  It is not just the relatively small central tourist area,  but now is a large (in terms of area and population) city and outlying suburbs.

I just don't get it when people say that there is a "serious impact" and predict doom.  I thought we all knew that this is still a country where millions of people  make much less money to drive a bus than in our sheltered wonderlands that we were lucky to be born in. 

Personally i think the whole world has long been going to s**t ,  but we still keep cranking out babies and drinking Coke in unstoppable quantities.   That alone tells me that, whatever consequence might be......... nobody seems to care.          bedtime 

7 hours ago, elliss said:

Hopefully , immigration will issue a ting tong  visa,  for the alien / farang .

Ting Tong Visa ..Sound's good to me ...

Gonna try to apply as get in on a medical tourist....quarantine with cute nurses for 14 days....joop joop

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do you like her ?

Shes got moxie...cant help but want to sit down with a bottle of sangsom and hear her tales..

Usually takes a few baht to get a gal naked in LOS , so Im def curious about her free spirit and see if she can drink me under the table---Ive been called bad names by thais so Im used to that scene.... ????

On 8/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Continuing to keep the people and businesses in a virus lockdown mode has to stop. 

Give people the option to continue with their living and livelihood...this lockdown is causing more harm to the country now than the virus...

Stop blaming Covid & lack of foreigners, CM has plenty of Thai locals. 

1 minute ago, rumak said:

usually works that way. 

personally I interact with Thais, in thai, everyday....... and find it soooooo much more enjoyable

than doing so with the Farangatangs.     you know, its funny :  once they (thais) get to know you, even by just seeing you a few times,   and they see that you are not a growling, snarling type of farangatang , but rather one who's demeanor is calm      they kind of just treat you in a nice way.

They might even give you a farangatan biscuit one day as a treat.

Sounds wonderful.

So if I am a tourist, no chance of being treated nicely in Thailand anymore, eh?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rumak said:

usually works that way. 

personally I interact with Thais, in thai, everyday....... and find it soooooo much more enjoyable

than doing so with the Farangatangs.     you know, its funny :  once they (thais) get to know you, even by just seeing you a few times,   and they see that you are not a growling, snarling type of farangatang , but rather one who's demeanor is calm      they kind of just treat you in a nice way.

They might even give you a farangatan biscuit one day as a treat.

Chiang Mai Thais...have a special disdain for foreigners...

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Shes got moxie...cant help but want to sit down with a bottle of sangsom and hear her tales..

Usually takes a few baht to get a gal naked in LOS , so Im def curious about her free spirit and see if she can drink me under the table---Ive been called bad names by thais so Im used to that scene.... ????

She has got mental problems and she took her clothes off because of those mental problems .

She has been getting treatment in hospital , so in future , she wont be taken her clothes off as quick .

As you seem just to want to get her drunk and naked , you wouldn't be the ideal long term partner to help her with her mental problems 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bill97 said:

Clearly you have absolutely no clue about what war torn Kosovo was like.  Another very misinformed tv poster.

yes Bill .  Looking like another hard to swallow day here with the kiddies on TV.    clueless with nothing to do

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

yes Bill .  Looking like another hard to swallow day here with the kiddies on TV.    clueless with nothing to do

Out of respect, we do not disturb our grandfathers, and let them live a happy life in the village.

Just now, checkered flag said:

Not really. It's probably you. Try speaking Thai or better speak northern Thai (Kum Muang) and they'll treat you very well. That is unless they are from Bangkok.

So now one has to speak Thai to be somewhat tolerated.

I see.

• Sad 1