Pilot launch of new 'Phuket Model' to let tourists in likely next month

rooster59

Wait! Wait! Wait! Stop with the two weeks <deleted>!!! They got tested twice!! No tourist want to come to phuket that bad.  Just week. Go to beach, eat some pappaya salad, a few ladyboys and off to Chaing Mai 

This might be ok for Farangs that live here or has Thai kids.  Back to the drawing board for TAT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Make sure you've got enough booze stocked up to last you when the next lockdown inevitably happens as the virus spirals out of control across the country!

Your crazy!! I rather have covit 19 in Thailand then 1,000 people each year killed on the road for reckless driving.  

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Make sure you've got enough booze stocked up to last you when the next lockdown inevitably happens as the virus spirals out of control across the country!

The virus will be mainly in the tourist areas. Hard times might come for us expats. 

Let's see logistics of such operation including arrangements for long stay visa. Don't think it will realistically create much tourist income if at all to benefit locals reliant on tourists who are now in a desperate situation. Government would need to have representives in respective countries to make the necessary arrangements where will they come from? 

its hard to understand this as it makes no sense.its riddled with absurdities.what is the purpose ?as is pointed out theres many cases in both nz and aus.why quaranteen people for so long when theyre tested before they get on the plane?thais arnt tested when they return and from high risk countries so some positives are found.people will not pay these crazy prices to be confined for so long ,it wont fly.if they can do it in their own apts houses and condos as is the case in many places go with that,but this constant greed and stupidity.thailand has killed the toursi golden goose along with manufacturing and business its a worse case scenario economically.eventually youll have to open and guess what itll come in unless u wanna go all north korea . the virus is weakening,no testing is done here so we dont actually know whats going on,most cases are non symptomatic or minor now.itest are cheap 10USD and results fast,allow people to test before they come on entry free,min 1 mnth stay and wait for the results if neg ,out you go after 2 or 3 days wait.stop these rediculous hotel rip off prices.why do that?people come to spend money why act like a sleazt pimp?its not attractive and most people stand well clear

• Like 1

Any mention of staff and workers isolation and/or testing? Training?

Unless they have Japanese "robot hotels" these tourists will have lots of interaction with staff.... good path for virus to leak out.

And I imagine if you wanted some "companionship" the staff could arrange that after being slipped some gratuity

I'm so confused, yesterday they said no tourist coming for a while (like next year) next minute they are coming next month, from Australia of all places ? I thought Australia had banned all incoming/outgoing flights and banned Australians from leaving and coming back ? I've had my 25 year old Lao daughter stuck down in Perth for 6 months already, if this really happens, it could be a way for her to get back to Vientiane ?

there arnt any free of covid that long,thai govt said that about nz and aus WRONG.china will lie but they get a free pass how moronic corrupt and racist is that???hk has cases. japan  s korea sing even taiwan.europe has too ,ahhh north korea how silly of me.this obsession with making yourselves look complete fools,racists and rip off merchants is hardly a model for economic success.make it reasonably possible for people from anywhere that test neg. then arrive test again at the airport[a free test the kits are 10 usd]wait the result,max 2 days in a non rip off hotel.stay a min of a mnth then lets move on ,xenophobia and tourism naaaah not a good mix!!

16 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

there arnt any free of covid that long,thai govt said that about nz and aus WRONG.china will lie but they get a free pass how moronic corrupt and racist is that???hk has cases. japan  s korea sing even taiwan.europe has too ,ahhh north korea how silly of me.this obsession with making yourselves look complete fools,racists and rip off merchants is hardly a model for economic success.make it reasonably possible for people from anywhere that test neg. then arrive test again at the airport[a free test the kits are 10 usd]wait the result,max 2 days in a non rip off hotel.stay a min of a mnth then lets move on ,xenophobia and tourism naaaah not a good mix!!

the incubation period is not 2 days its closer to 14 days (some say longer). many of the returning thais have tested positive on days 12 and 13 after testing negative on arrival.

airport testing does not work becuase of this thats why its not being considered.

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Why can't someone who lives here quarantine in their own home as seems to be happening elsewhere? This ASQ lark seems to be driven by greed.

because its easier to police a handful of designated building than thousands of random homes - of course if people (and their families) could be trusted to just stay home during this period then this wouldn't be a problem.. but TiT.

6 hours ago, 473geo said:

It's a start, Best hope this initiative is a success in protecting the Thai people, and, can be expanded in a less restrictive format sooner rather than later

They need protecting?  Many would argue that they have had too much protection for their food from a disease that has a low percentage death rate.

6 hours ago, 473geo said:

It's a start, Best hope this initiative is a success in protecting the Thai people, and, can be expanded in a less restrictive format sooner rather than later

But theirs no flights in of out of New Zealand  or Australia at the moment. Their in lockdown until 2021 at least. I have a friend who lived their who keeps me informed.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1