Pilot launch of new 'Phuket Model' to let tourists in likely next month

rooster59

How many reports have we had on this subject?

It's an expected, a possible or a maybe or even the next report might even be a delay.

At least, I can still enjoy my porridge for breakfast.

9 minutes ago, ukbiker said:

All this is BULL, my girlfriend was riding down beach road Jomtien early this morning and she passed three bus loads of Chinese tourists exiting the busses and going onto the beach.

I am not saying that you are wrong but, maybe they are Chinese tourists already were already here prior to the restrictions or maybe Chinese residents / Thai of Chinese ascendence. Plenty of them in Bangkok and they do speak Chinese among them as I speak my own language with my co-Nationals.

One cannot assess whether they are tourists, wouldn't you agree ?

Are they going to collect evidence from Phuket first then analyse it to see if it is successful and what are the factors for success. Or are they going to trial it nationwide before trialing it in Phuket? The reason I ask the question is that 99% of government policy seems to be based on the Fire, Aim, Ready model of problem solving.

4 minutes ago, alyx said:

I am not saying that you are wrong but, maybe they are Chinese tourists already were already here prior to the restrictions or maybe Chinese residents / Thai of Chinese ascendence. Plenty of them in Bangkok and they do speak Chinese among them as I speak my own language with my co-Nationals.

One cannot assess whether they are tourists, wouldn't you agree ?

Or maybe they are Martians posing as Chinese tourists. What better way to9 see Thailand and do complex scientific research than to take a bus tour?

I have seen lots of photographs of my grand nieces and nephews enjoying summer holidays in domestic holiday spots we were taken as children decades ago before the annual package holiday to the sun became the norm.  I think a lot of people are re-learning how to enjoy themselves at home for much less money.

Personally I would not be interested in travelling anywhere, until I can travel without any of these restrictions or risk. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is not about money, it is about being cornholed for 14 to 21 days before he could get to his house and his wife having to do the same yet it being free to her.  You need to read in between the money issues.  Would you put yourself through the quarantine process and jump through the hoops when you have your wife by your side already.  I understand the guys who are separated from there families but what does it benefit someone who is living life, and whose only encumbrance here is a property which to him is nothing more than a place to lay his head.

But then you knew that and were just playing coy and looking to troll on......

well i wouldn't sell my house and run off to Panama thats for sure.

what a self-entitled tool. 

if i wanted to get back here i'd get my act together and get back here not throw my toys out of a pram like a 2 year old. i know at least 3 guys at my son's school who have done so in the last 2 months, its not that big of a deal.. but yeah, troll on, whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

"He said that tourists under this model must be from the countries where there has been no outbreak for at least 30 days."

I am confused because tourists from Australia and New Zealand will be allowed in the middle of September already. On Aug 29th this source at the following link writes the following below. So there are still cases in both countries. 

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/australia-new-zealand-report-new-covid-19-cases/1956809

Cases in Australia rose to 25,570 with 112 infections reported in the past 24 hours, according to health officials.

New Zealand reported 13 cases in the past 24 hours, raising the overall count to 1,727, including 22 deaths and 1,568 recoveries.

It all sounds safe, secure, a carefully calibrated, tentative first step. Then you notice the inconsistencies such as the one you illustrate so clearly and wonder just how carefully this will all be implemented.

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

"He said that tourists under this model must be from the countries where there has been no outbreak for at least 30 days."

I am confused because tourists from Australia and New Zealand will be allowed in the middle of September already. On Aug 29th this source at the following link writes the following below. So there are still cases in both countries. 

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/australia-new-zealand-report-new-covid-19-cases/1956809

Cases in Australia rose to 25,570 with 112 infections reported in the past 24 hours, according to health officials.

New Zealand reported 13 cases in the past 24 hours, raising the overall count to 1,727, including 22 deaths and 1,568 recoveries.

Cases or infections , there is a difference , and does the above include the % false positives of the so called testing?

Phuket Model , or social control around a negligent Influenza virus

Whilst the CDC/ WHO have come clean with the TRUE COVID deaths in the states today

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/shock-report-week-cdc-quietly-updated-covid-19-numbers-9210-americans-died-covid-19-alone-rest-serious-illnesses/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=the-gateway-pundit&ff_campaign=dailypm&ff_content=daily

For ALL you believers out there only 9210 deaths in America, well short of a regular yearly influenza death rate

Carry on in fear of life itself

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

And what’s going to stop people from traveling to other parts of Thailand without them knowing?

Roadblocks...phone geo-fencing. Phuket is an island, remember, only a couple ways in or out.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter