Emotional Hamilton storms to inspired Belgian pole

25 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I used to be a huge fan of him until he became a Veganist (extremist) and BLM (racist) lover. Now he is full of BS and has no problems kicking other darked skinned drivers like Albon, from the circuit. He should have sticked to driving and keep is  personal interests for himself.

He has no problems kicking a lot more fair skinned ones off the track (including his own teammates). Why highlight just the coloured one?

55 minutes ago, polpott said:

Such as who? Hamilton was signed by McClaren and Mercedes because he's the best. Compare his results to his various team mates.

0.5 seconds ahead of Bottas in qualifying yesterday. In the same car, thats a lot.

Eddie Irvine, who put Shumacher to shame when with Ferrari. After winning he was told to move aside in subsequent races and let his team mate pass...shocking behaviour by Ferrari. He was then held back by the poor performance of Jaquar cars who he drove for after quitting Ferrari.

2 hours ago, polpott said:

And who is Alan Maclean? A nobody racist with a chip on his shoulder. Hamilton was an exceptional gocart driver who was spotted by Mclaren for his talent and put into their development program. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin although redneck racists would like to think otherwise.

I didn't find Alan Maclean on Google though I may no have looked in the right place. IMHO Lewis Hamilton is where he is today through hard work and dedication. Who and where is Alan Maclean today?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Not exactly a 'slum' is it the Daily Mail would call it a mansion and quote what it's worth

As a comparitive value the 2 bed bungalow that I was brought up in at Pound Lane, Poole was offered to me in 1973 for GBP 7,500 is conservatively average price this year for GBP 245,000 and is also not a slum either.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

Hamilton is the fastest driver on the grid currently. But at 33 hes starting to knock on a bit in F1 terms. I'm sure in a couple of years we will see Verstappen or Leclerc dominating if they are in a competitive car.

Anyone who says Hamilton is not the best driver currently in F1 should contact Toto Wolf and tell him that both he and Mercedes know nothing about motor racing and that you are the real expert in these matters.

Mercedes could have any driver they want in Hamiltons seat and yet they pay a lot of money to keep Hamilton in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polpott said:

And who is Alan Maclean? A nobody racist with a chip on his shoulder. Hamilton was an exceptional gocart driver who was spotted by Mclaren for his talent and put into their development program. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin although redneck racists would like to think otherwise.

Then why is he bitching? Sounds like he had the same opportunities as the all-white guys.

Edited by jesimps

2 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Care to call the surveyor, count the rooms?

E49742BE-F50F-410C-B0AC-52FA564D142F.jpeg.4358c0ca0cfbcbd82f47428677df94e1.jpeg

That isn't a house it's a mansion. How come I, as a privileged white man, was brought up in a cramped Liverpool slum? Go kart racing was but a dream for me. For the life of me I can't see what this lad's dripping about.

8 minutes ago, jesimps said:

That isn't a house it's a mansion. How come I, as a privileged white man, was brought up in a cramped Liverpool slum? Go kart racing was but a dream for me. For the life of me I can't see what this lad's dripping about.

a house does not a town make. Stevenage is a <deleted> hole. It was build as a 'new town' and was a failure from the start.  They just managed to build a more modern set of slums to take the over flow from London.   Milton Keyes worked, eventually, Stevenage never did. 

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Hamilton is the fastest driver on the grid currently. But at 33 hes starting to knock on a bit in F1 terms. I'm sure in a couple of years we will see Verstappen or Leclerc dominating if they are in a competitive car.

Anyone who says Hamilton is not the best driver currently in F1 should contact Toto Wolf and tell him that both he and Mercedes know nothing about motor racing and that you are the real expert in these matters.

Mercedes could have any driver they want in Hamiltons seat and yet they pay a lot of money to keep Hamilton in it.

Hypothetical situation. Hamilton and Bottas swap cars with Russell and Latifi. Do you think the 'best driver' will get on the podium in a Williams?

That may be too easy so how about Hamilton and Bottas swapping cars with Sainz and Norris? A McLaren one-two?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Hypothetical situation. Hamilton and Bottas swap cars with Russell and Latifi. Do you think the 'best driver' will get on the podium in a Williams?

That may be too easy so how about Hamilton and Bottas swapping cars with Sainz and Norris? A McLaren one-two?

Hypothetical situation. Do you think that Mercedes would swap Hamilton for Latifi and pay him the same money? Clue: Latifi pays Williams to drive their car.

• Like 1