Mutli-quoting

bluesofa

I see it's been stated we're not allowed to 'multi-quote'.

Fair enough, but I'm guessing that refers only to multi-quoting content from different users when you're making a single post?

Is it OK to multi-quote from one single post - i.e. separating out parts of a post to reply to different points?

Edited by bluesofa

My understanding of it is a single person replying to multiple posts from multiple other posters in a single post. I would say it is less forbidden and more discouraged. 2 or 3 no problem.

I have seen someone quote and reply to a dozen or more on a single post and it is very difficult to plough through.

You may use some parts of a post as long as the bits you have taken, and those omitted, do not alter the context of the original post.

Forum Rules: 16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

My understanding of it is a single person replying to multiple posts from multiple other posters in a single post. I would say it is less forbidden and more discouraged. 2 or 3 no problem.

I have seen someone quote and reply to a dozen or more on a single post and it is very difficult to plough through.

You may use some parts of a post as long as the bits you have taken, and those omitted, do not alter the context of the original post.

Forum Rules: 16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Now I'm more confused that i was  earlier.   ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...