Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Hi, I wrote about it in another thread but was not getting any response.

 

Tomorrow morning I was planning to do my 90 days report in Bangkok, MTT center as I understand it changed location recently.

 

Here are the details:

- I always send a messenger to do it for me with my passport, previous 90 days report and a new tm47 completed form.

- I do not have a TM30 receipt, is it really needed now to do 90 days reports?

- I was originally supposed to do my 90 days report in June but skipped it because of amnesty.

 

My question is can I send me messenger tomorrow as usual or are they going to ask him for me to go there myself and ask for a TM30 receipt, which will come with a fine I guess?

 

Looking forward to your answers, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you have missed a report they may not allow you to send a messenger to do it. They are being very strict at MTT and are also doing a stamp in your passport. The have denied mailed in reports for those that missed a report.

If you are using the same address you you used for reporting before a TM30 report should not be required. The are only required now if you change your registered address.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my 90 report Aug 14 at MTT. My first ever.

You won't need TM30. In fact you only need your TM47 form available there. 

Did not need photocopies of pp etc.

When io got to my address on tm form simply asked "you live this condo" 

I replied yes. 

You left it till last day and state doesn't suit you. Go early September. Personally I would go tomorrow.

There are good threads with directions etc etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Thank you both for your answers.

 

Tomorrow is really not a good day for me to go. Is the deadline for doing 90 days report under amnesty set for tomorrow or can it be done within Sept 26?

Curious about that too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As reported by others that did not make a report during the amnesty I went to MTT Friday and made the report. Was not asked about TM 30 but have done several. They put a red stamp stating I did this report late due to COVID 19 and no fine. There was a huge crowd and it took several hours to get the report done. No mention of when this process will be available past August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

As reported by others that did not make a report during the amnesty I went to MTT Friday and made the report. Was not asked about TM 30 but have done several. They put a red stamp stating I did this report late due to COVID 19 and no fine. There was a huge crowd and it took several hours to get the report done. No mention of when this process will be available past August.

Ahhh.. So i'm going in tomorrow for what is my first report as it supposed to be during the amnesty - What exactly do I need to bring? Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, toHs said:

Ahhh.. So i'm going in tomorrow for what is my first report as it supposed to be during the amnesty - What exactly do I need to bring? Thanks

If it is your first report ever you might not need to do it now. What is your visa ore extension of stay status. If on a short stay visa or extension they do not expect you to report.

If you have a long stay visa or extension of stay and are registered with immigration you will only need your passport and a completed TM47 form,

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are using the same address you you used for reporting before a TM30 report should not be required. The are only required now if you change your registered address.

I'd never done a TM30. A month ago, I needed a residence certificate from Jomtien and used an agent. He told me that they won't issue a RC now unless you have a TM30 receipt in your passport, even though I've lived at the same address for almost ten years. It wasn't a problem, he did the TM30 for me at the same time as getting the RC, but it's typical of Immigration that on the one hand they seem to make TM30's simpler in terms of travelling, but then they make it more complicated by insisting you have one for something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I'd never done a TM30. A month ago, I needed a residence certificate from Jomtien and used an agent. He told me that they won't issue a RC now unless you have a TM30 receipt in your passport, even though I've lived at the same address for almost ten years. It wasn't a problem, he did the TM30 for me at the same time as getting the RC, but it's typical of Immigration that on the one hand they seem to make TM30's simpler in terms of travelling, but then they make it more complicated by insisting you have one for something else.

Or one could just do the tm30 and then have it on record and a copy of which can be produced for whatever service when immigration request it.

Edited by userabcd
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to give an update,

 

I decided to send my messenger early afternoon to do my 90 days report as always. He called us back and said there was a problem so we talked in Thai to the immigration lady officer.

 

Since I am currently on an expired Elite visa (permit of stay expired later as I left and came back before the visa expired), she said I do not have a valid visa to do a 90 days report.

 

She said I don't qualify for it, that I can do it again once I have a new visa, Elite or anything else long term.

 

It is strange as I have done a few 90 days reports since my visa expired and they always did it with no problem. But I guess that was at CW and they were not as serious as here. No mention of TM30 form.

 

She said that sending a messenger or anyone was not an issue for those interested here.

 

Last, it was funny the way she was talking, like it is a privilege to go do the 90 days report... I don't know many foreigners who feel privileged to waste their time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, userabcd said:

Or one could just do the tm30 and then have it on record and a copy of which can be produced for whatever service when immigration request it.

Hello 

Yes you can have a copy of the TM30. I am doing mine online and did give the downloaded document  to the immigration officer when extending my visa of 90 days 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Just to give an update,

 

I decided to send my messenger early afternoon to do my 90 days report as always. He called us back and said there was a problem so we talked in Thai to the immigration lady officer.

 

Since I am currently on an expired Elite visa (permit of stay expired later as I left and came back before the visa expired), she said I do not have a valid visa to do a 90 days report.

 

She said I don't qualify for it, that I can do it again once I have a new visa, Elite or anything else long term.

 

It is strange as I have done a few 90 days reports since my visa expired and they always did it with no problem. But I guess that was at CW and they were not as serious as here. No mention of TM30 form.

 

She said that sending a messenger or anyone was not an issue for those interested here.

 

Last, it was funny the way she was talking, like it is a privilege to go do the 90 days report... I don't know many foreigners who feel privileged to waste their time.

Yes I  find that strange as this 90 day report is for all foreigners residing legally in Thailand more than 90 days. But if it comes to the worst and you need this form completed when you renew your visa,  just go to the counter and pay the fine...which  you  will not have to if you leave the country

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, alyx said:

Yes I  find that strange as this 90 day report is for all foreigners residing legally in Thailand more than 90 days. But if it comes to the worst and you need this form completed when you renew your visa,  just go to the counter and pay the fine...which  you  will not have to if you leave the country

Yes, thank you. I am not worried as 90 day reports seem more like a formality than anything serious. Can always be fixed with a small fine later on. It just was strange is all.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

A wee bit confuzzled, as usual. All the amnesty stuff, etc., put me off stride.

Finally got extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai lady, stamped in as of 20 December, 2020.

My wife thought no more 90 day stuff because of the one year permission to stay, but I expect an initial 90 day report must be done at Samut Prakan, our local IO.

Any insight, folks? Hoping subsequent reports can be done on line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

A wee bit confuzzled, as usual. All the amnesty stuff, etc., put me off stride.

Finally got extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai lady, stamped in as of 20 December, 2020.

My wife thought no more 90 day stuff because of the one year permission to stay, but I expect an initial 90 day report must be done at Samut Prakan, our local IO.

Any insight, folks? Hoping subsequent reports can be done on line.

1st 90 day report must be done in person, after that you can do them on-line provided the system functions for you.

 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Any insight, folks? Hoping subsequent reports can be done on line.

You can do your first report in person or via mail. Note that using mail it should be done 15 days prior to report date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

1st 90 day report must be done in person, after that you can do them on-line provided the system functions for you.

 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

When it was  working it was  ok, thing hasn't worked for weeks, it's a  disgrace,  just  like when they first announced it and it failed shortly  after. I've used it for  about 2  years without  problem,  now  it  just says "back server timeout" or  something  like  that also advises not secure. Website says "temporary maintenance" whole things a joke but immigration sure  will be  happy  to fine you when your'e  late.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...