PEA: English-speaking phone reps?

davidupatterson

Hey everyone, 

I'm having an issue with my PEA bill and need an English-speaking customer service representative on the phone. I'm out of town so have to go about it that way. Typically, I'd just head into the local office.

Does anyone know if they have English speaking customer support? I would call myself now and give it a shot but their office is closed for the evening. I'll ring them on Monday morning. 

Thanks for your help! 

Try using the following link to PEA Live Chat facility which I've found works really well.  Just fill in the form as shown and select  final category in the Thai drop-down field. Type in the first question "Do you speak English"  they normally reply wait a minute and go and find someone who does and then you're away.  They ask you for your CA Ref which is on your bill.

PEA Live Chat Link

Good luck

12 hours ago, RichCor said:

When calling the PEA 1129 phone number in country you're directed to the Call Center IVR (Interactive Voice Response) where you can press 9 for ENGLISH

I don't know if calling the main number for the Bangkok Head Office provides the same provisions

https://www.pea.co.th/en/Contact

Provincial Electricity Authority Head Office
200 Ngamwongwan Road, Ladyao, Jatujak Bangkok 10900
Tel : 02-589-0100 to 1    (+66 25-980100)
Call center : 1129

ALSO, there are at least 5 PEA payment offices surrounding Chiang Mai, and if you've found English speakers there before then suggest calling your local office directly. At least 2 of them have listed phone numbers:

https://peaportal.pea.co.th/peaoffice/index_en.html?lang=en

Provincial Electricity Authority Chiang Mai Province
Address    :    208/1 Chaingmai-Lampoon Road Watgate Maung Chaingmai 50000
Office phone    :    053-260260 / 053-245406

Address    :    208 Chiang Mai-Lamphun Rd, Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50000

Office phone    :    053 246291

Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it. Didn't have any luck with local reps and unfortunately can't call the hotline since I'm outside of the country. 

55 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Try using the following link to PEA Live Chat facility which I've found works really well.  Just fill in the form as shown and select  final category in the Thai drop-down field. Type in the first question "Do you speak English"  they normally reply wait a minute and go and find someone who does and then you're away.  They ask you for your CA Ref which is on your bill.

PEA Live Chat Link

Good luck

Thanks! I tried this out just now and it worked great! Problem solved. 

• Like 1