Mosquito eradication

MILT

In the area of Chiangmai where I live, has seen an increased in dengue cases. Hence eradication is taking place weekly.

My question is what is being used in the fogger application and what is being used in spray. I (did) have a organic vegetable garden

and flower garden...If anyone has knowledge would be appreciative.

By the way, no warning. I was not at home when they showed up. My wife innocently allowed them to spray our garden.....

Thanks!

True the fogger is a joke...I am vigilant on standing water! My main concern is they are spraying (not the fogger) something else, like a chemical solution that stings the eyes and creates immediate running nose's. They tried using this spray last year and I shut them down so they sprayed the perimeter on the street of our place and we still had a reaction. Was curious to know what is the chemical that's being used. I may have to scrub the whole garden which would be a shame.

Thanks!

Have done the suggestions and waiting on word back...

In the meantime some researching as led me to the following information....

There are 3 possible pesticides that are predominately used in Mosquito eradication. 

Malathion

Pyrethroids

Nader (used mostly in the US)

Malathion seemingly the worst. WHO has stated that Malathion probably causes cancer, based on Lab mice results...

It depends a great deal on if the mixing guidelines are being followed.

Once I know, I can research further...

5 hours ago, dunrudin said:

Once I retired and left CM to come back home to Far North Queensland, I also returned to the perennial mosquito/dengue problem. James Cook University have now virtually eliminated dengue by infecting mosquitoes with Wolbachia bacteria and releasing them to breed with the wider population. I've always wondered why the Chiang Mai authorities didn't liase with JCU and solve this perennial problem once and for all.

Whereabouts in FNQ are you located ?

I'm not sure but it smells very much like 'Baygon' 

Composition. Baygon products contain the pyrethroids cyfluthrin, transfluthrin, prallethrin and the carbamate propoxur and organophosphorus chlorpyrifos, as active ingredients.

Thanks!

Have done the suggestions and waiting on word back...

In the meantime some researching as led me to the following information....

There are 3 possible pesticides that are predominately used in Mosquito eradication. 

Malathion

Pyrethroids

Nader (used mostly in the US)

Malathion seemingly the worst. WHO has stated that Malathion probably causes cancer, based on Lab mice results...

It depends a great deal on if the mixing guidelines are being followed.

Once I know, I can research further...