Buying milk to put in tea and coffee

bluesofa

36 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Lots of Asians are lactose intolerant

Same as farangs, but they don't know about it. The older we get the less lactose-digestive ferment we have, and about 30% western adults are lactose-intolerant too.

For asian adults this percentage is way higher though.

15 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Nowadays it's easier to find milk than poontang, and that's saying something!

And big milk is 44 baht in 7-Eleven.  

'it's easier to find milk than poontang'  Nom - same-same, but different.

'big milk is 44 baht in 7-Eleven'  Ah, not same-same. 7 Eleven a better deal.

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:
1 hour ago, SteveK said:

77Kg and getting thinner.

But how tall?

'getting thinner' You need to stop drinking those industrial spirits, they're not good for you.

I'm 73kg and 1m85 (6'1"), although in twenty-odd years here my weight has ranged between 68 to 105kg.

I solved this problem 20 years ago when I worked in Wuhan, China. Milk was just not available so I had to change to green tea or the many varieties of Chinese leaf tea, taken as it should be, black. Adapt and cut out milk from your tea (and coffee which I never drink). I can not drink a milky tea now it tastes disgusting.

I stick here to Earl Grey, Jasmine, Pepppermint or just plain Liptons with no need for any milk-based decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

First point, 90% of Thais have little to zero knowledge or experience with all dairy products.

Fixed it for ya!

I often buy 'nom dip' raw milk at the Thai-Danish dairy in CM.

Goes great in your tea and good to drink as well (about 130bht for 5Kg).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Colin you are a lovely guy, and I love your posts. But sometimes you are either a bit naive or are baiting me. Poontang is something which Thai girls call their "shells", you or I would say vagina. 

Been here 30 years, never once heard a Thai girl refer to it as poontang. Must be different in the boondocks?

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Go to the cold drinks cabinet and see if it's in there, and if it isn't, then they don't sell it. Most mom & pa shops only sell UHT milk as it has a long shelf life. Never use UHT milk to make tea. ????

Why? I use it all the time and have no problem with UHT milk in tea.

I like the small boxes they sell it in in LOS. Can only get big boxes in NZ.

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oh dear! A discussion about milk and tea or coffee? My god! What more excuses can people have to come up with a thread to once again point out that Thai people have poor knowledge.

For the OP! Just go to the refrigerator and see what they have. Chose your preferred milk and close the complaint box. If you not find it, then search for a shop that have what you need. I actually thought you been here long enough to understand that.

Never been outside the city then? Rural stores often don't sell it except as UHT.

Some rural stores don't even have fridges.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never been outside the city then? Rural stores often don't sell it except as UHT.

Really? Such a silly comment. I have been living in a number of small villages during my almost 23 years in Thailand. That is very irrelevant, though. We are not talking 23 years ago, when I would have been willing to agree with you. Below is today´s facts:

• Today most of the rural stores have a refrigerator, but ok they mostly sell UHT milk. (However, most coffee sucks, so you will not make a difference the the milk)
  • Generally even people in remote villages do not have more than 30 km to a 7-Eleven, Cat One (NE Isaan), 101 or any other convenience store.
  • Also most rural villages do not hav more than about 30-50 km to a mini mart or super market. (No I am not talking about the Hill Tribes i NE Thailand)

So, with that in the back of your head. The only thing needed is a motorbike or car as well as a refrigerator in home and some good "to-do-ahead" planning.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? I use it all the time and have no problem with UHT milk in tea.

I like the small boxes they sell it in in LOS. Can only get big boxes in NZ.

UHT Low fat from foremost tastes the same as non UHT.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Generally even people in remote villages do not have more than 30 km to a 7-Eleven, Cat One (NE Isaan), 101 or any other convenience store.

My wife's village was a one hour ( very fast ) one way drive to the nearest convenience store like 7-11. Two hours on the bus.

So back at you.

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
  • Also most rural villages do not hav more than about 30-50 km to a mini mart or super market. (No I am not talking about the Hill Tribes i NE Thailand)

So, with that in the back of your head. The only thing needed is a motorbike or car as well as a refrigerator in home and some good "to-do-ahead" planning.

So 100 km drive to get some fresh milk to put in tea. 5555555555555

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

I'm British and I'd never drink a tea or coffee without at least a splash of fresh milk. I live in the absolute boondocks and there's several types of milk in the shops here, I get the 0% stuff because I'm trying to control my weight. I quite enjoy asking the girls in 7-Eleven for a big milk, always seems to get a laugh.

Get the Meiji stuff, you can get skimmed, semi-skimmed and full-fat. Available in even the most remote 7-Elevens.  

I was waiting to tell bs that 7-11s everywhere and they do all the milk you need.

I shall go no further.

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They have Ice Boxes, Big Blue ones, that they put the product in and then the ice man cometh and refill the box daily.

• Like 1