Buying milk to put in tea and coffee

bluesofa

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

bit braising that .. 

I note your all on fine form in this article .. As for the nub of the article I'm of the Camp 'um camp .. 

IMG_20200901_080928.jpg

OMG...forgotten all about Camp coffee (with chicory?)......always allowed one cup a day as a kid.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

bit braising that .. 

I note your all on fine form in this article .. As for the nub of it I'm of the Camp 'um camp .. 

IMG_20200901_080928.jpg

I remember my mother having a bottle of Camp Coffee for years, no one ever drank it.

I thought that was Kenneth Williams cup of tea.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought that was Kenneth Williams cup of tea.

Freddy's as well by all accounts ..

My Aunt who lived next door when I was a sprog drank it with evaporated milk , Carnation I think but it was a lo-ng time ago .. used to put 2 little triangular puncture holes always directly opposite each other in the top of the tin with a can of opener .. used to put a nip of Brandy in it evening times .. Courvoisier mind you none of your cheap stuff .. 

• Like 1

A true camping trip when I was younger consisted of my mother mixing, carnation evaporated milk, Nescafe granules, and some chocolate nestles mix.  It was called campfire cocoa with a kick.  Dad just added more Overholt to his.  Guess you could call this the original 3 in 1 my mother made.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They have Ice Boxes, Big Blue ones, that they put the product in and then the ice man cometh and refill the box daily.

«Those gents has't ice boxes, Big Blue ones, yond those gents putteth the product in and then the ice sir cometh and refill the boxeth daily»

6 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Go to Vietnam and see what tea with no milk can do to your teeth. Vietnamese are amongst the highest tea drinkers in the world. Even if you order a coffee you may get a glass of tea with it. And their teeth are permanently stained with tannin ( or whatever). The worst in SE Asia (apart from betel nut chewing Burmese). I reckon milk helps to neutralise the tannin staining.

At least 3 mugs a day for me, no teeth stains yet and I'm 65.

How much longer will I need to drink tea to get there?