Environmentalist slams foreign divers for disturbing sea creatures near Koh Phangan

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"When diving for purposes of tourism we are the guests of our friends in the deep - no matter where we are from.

"We need to respect our hosts and behave as good visitors when visiting the sea - not create trouble and not disturb life there".

Now that is hardly "Slams" is it?

Neither does he use any term to highlight "foreigners". If you just read his quotes in the article and not the article itself or the title you will see the actual situation (calm, unbiased commentary). No interview was conducted with him, just quotes from his Facebook account. 

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

Yes they picked them up and then they PUT THEM BACK DOWN AGAIN not harming them which is something Marine Biologists do .

The question is he angry because they handled them or maybe they are farang ?

Naah!! It's because he can get his face in the papers and then look like he is important!!! ???????????????? ????????????????????????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I am sure Starfish,Urchins,Sea slugs,sea Cucumbers don't sleep,

they are on the go all the time,eating and sh*tting thats 

their whole life, might be nice for it to get picked up, Oh someone

is interested in me......

regards worgeordie

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Where was this experts voice when Maya beach was being destroyed by his fellow countrymen for profit?

You may wish to go back and read those articles. You may not know who he is but most Thais do.

Edited by MRToMRT

10 hours ago, limbos said:

Divers should observe and not touch anything underwater. All leading recreational diving organizations have this in their course training curriculum's.

Yes but I have seen night dives on offer everywhere I have been to, and this little man seems to dislike that. Frankly I suspect he's never been in the water without his Peppa Pig arm floats.

• Thanks 1

They've arrested them both, a diving instructor and restaurant owner, and they are now under investigation regarding their employment status and, it sounds like, failing to report their address when moving into the area. 

A lot of very superior foreigners showing off their total ignorance in this thread. His comments in Thai don't really read as they're presented in English. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes but I have seen night dives on offer everywhere I have been to, and this little man seems to dislike that. Frankly I suspect he's never been in the water without his Peppa Pig arm floats.

Fully agree that night diving is a regular part of diving in general and is offered world wide.

16 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Thailands leading. He's probably done more for marine conservation than any other person in Thailand. The real deal.

:cheesy:

and yet......................................

Thailand's fishing industry is a disaster for the sea life, Maya Bay had to be closed because of damage done by THAI tour companies, the sea and beaches are polluted by industrial waste dumped in rivers and from fishing boats.

Sooooo, what exactly has he done other than complain about tourists touching aquatic life?