BANGKOK
webfact

Environmentalist slams foreign divers for disturbing sea creatures near Koh Phangan

Dr Thon noted that the area is not a national park.

What a clown.
Almost everything is a national park in Thailand and most likely the divers had to pay a hefty fee for there diving spot also.

Concentrating his efforts on public education of disposable plastics would be so much more fruitful. 

• Like 2

One posts photos on social media, half of China arrives to do the same. That's the real harm done here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Where was this experts voice when Maya beach was being destroyed by his fellow countrymen for profit?

You may wish to go back and read those articles. You may not know who he is but most Thais do.

Edited by MRToMRT

I wish I could delete myself on TVF but they don't let you. This man does more for Thailand's environment in a minute of his life compared to you whinging know it alls. Look him up. His work speaks for its self.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, limbos said:

Divers should observe and not touch anything underwater. All leading recreational diving organizations have this in their course training curriculum's.

Yes but I have seen night dives on offer everywhere I have been to, and this little man seems to dislike that. Frankly I suspect he's never been in the water without his Peppa Pig arm floats.

• Thanks 1

They've arrested them both, a diving instructor and restaurant owner, and they are now under investigation regarding their employment status and, it sounds like, failing to report their address when moving into the area. 

A lot of very superior foreigners showing off their total ignorance in this thread. His comments in Thai don't really read as they're presented in English. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes but I have seen night dives on offer everywhere I have been to, and this little man seems to dislike that. Frankly I suspect he's never been in the water without his Peppa Pig arm floats.

Fully agree that night diving is a regular part of diving in general and is offered world wide.

6 hours ago, Benmart said:

I go, I look, I learn, and I leave. Be it at a temple, botanical garden or historical site, my curiosity is satisfied by research and not the disturbance of the subject. 

You have my respect sir.

4 hours ago, bodga said:

Tell it to your  own Thai fishermen, the amount of  <deleted> they chuck  off  their  boats is incredible

Divers should know better. 

16 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Thailands leading. He's probably done more for marine conservation than any other person in Thailand. The real deal.

:cheesy:

and yet......................................

Thailand's fishing industry is a disaster for the sea life, Maya Bay had to be closed because of damage done by THAI tour companies, the sea and beaches are polluted by industrial waste dumped in rivers and from fishing boats.

Sooooo, what exactly has he done other than complain about tourists touching aquatic life?