Pattaya: More than 100 million baht in damage in two separate fires

webfact

Pattaya: More than 100 million baht in damage in two separate fires

3pm.jpg
Picture: Siam Chon News

Two separate fires raged last night in Pattaya. 

One was in two rooms at a residential hotel near Walking Street in South Pattaya, the other a massive blaze that raged all night at a depot, restaurant and six story luxury house in North Pattaya.

Damage at the latter was estimated at being in excess of 100 million baht. 

The causes of both fires are under investigation. 

Fire broke out in room 301 at the Pattaya Inn Hotel off Walking Street around 10 pm. Siam Chon News reported that it is a three story building with 25 rooms. 

118544949_1114783535585376_4549469933733857145_n.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

The fire spread to room 302. Both rooms were completely destroyed causing about 500,000 baht in damage.

Fire services and local officials were on the scene as tourists in Walking Street looked at the blaze. It was brought under control within 30 minutes and four fire engines were utilized.

In Jaiphong, a Lawa ethic group tribesman, raised the alarm. He said that the people in room 301 were a couple who were out at work. The husband is a collector of parking fees nearby on Beach Road. 

The owner of the hotel said that it was probably a short circuit though an investigation is underway. 

sc.jpg

video screenshot

Meanwhile a far bigger fire was raging from 1 am in North Pattaya. This was at a furniture warehouse, old restaurant called "Nai Peun" and adjoining six-story luxury house belonging to the owner of the warehouse. 

The luxury house has offices, bedrooms and a fitness area on the top floor. 

Even at six am smoke was still emanating from the blaze that raged all night. Everything was completely destroyed. 

There were no reports of injuries in either blaze. 

Damage was estimated at the North Pattaya blaze as at least 100 million baht. An investigation is underway there too. 

Source: Siam Chon News 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-01

35 minutes ago, littlepe said:

Air from an air con does not come from outside - air in the room is drawn through a cooling matrix and blown back into the room.

Or in other words the air in the room is recirculated it never leaves the room..so the smoke smell was due to outside air coming into the room through gaps  in windows and doors or maybe from the false ceiling obviously it not good to have a completely hermetically sealed room (and most are not)

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

AT least the 300 b short time room sign survived.

Anyway, I am not far from there the smell woke me up had to turn off the aircon pretty strong smoke.

for just a second there, I thought that the smell from the short time rooms had woken you up.  ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

AT least the 300 b short time room sign survived.

Anyway, I am not far from there the smell woke me up had to turn off the aircon pretty strong smoke.

is the 300 baht room still available or did it suffer water damage

At my in laws house, the AC unit is outside on its little shelf

and the inside unit is in the bedroom where I slept, pretty sure

it was outside air that came into the inside unit from the outside unit.

But hey, I am a Canadian so what do I know about Thai AC?

It is sad when people lose their homes no matter what the circumstance is.

Geezer

• Confused 1