Tourism minister finally recognises that "virus free" expats can play important role in tourism recovery

webfact

These people are totally out of the real life and absolutely don't care their own population. How is it possible they do not see the facts ? Even when two feet in the <deleted> they don't see the factual's problems.

Now they are persuaded that COVID-19 can kill a lot of people again... more than their own who die on the road.

OMG !

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good to know that those of us who stayed in the country the whole time are covid-free. I was worried for a while that viruses discriminate based off nationality. 

Seriously? You are reassured because of something a Thai government official said? 

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

As others have pointed out nothing is ever what it seems or straightforward in Thailand. My point here is what does "short-time" mean in Thai? An hour usually, but this is really open to interpretation by whoever you are dealing with at the time. 

Best wishes, G

Well, I would guess a month would be a short period over a one year stay but of course anyone can see it their own way. 

In any case, a weekend or a week ( Songkran ) would be seen as a short period I reckon 

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

not for me, it's clear they need our money, double charging, visa hurdles to get more money and many more, if they were smart (I know I am asking too much) they would have used us from the beginning, who better then us, expats, can promote Thailand, some of us spend a huge amount on a monthly basis, we could spend more if they knew how to work with us, all has to do with attitude and trust.... they should change their attitude towards us and they should act as they care and as if they know what they doing and/or speaking about, built our trust, stop the BS

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

that would be a dream come thru, unfortunately no chance, all this hipe just to attract our attention and maybe some of our money, as soon as the coffers are replenished they will kick our rear end

You sound like some weak victim mentality feeling sorry for themselves.

What huge amount of money do you spend?  

Thailand is not here to kiss up and make things right just for you.

It is their world not yours maybe at some point you will figure out Thailand is not here to appease you.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You sound like some weak victim mentality feeling sorry for themselves.

What huge amount of money do you spend?  

Thailand is not here to kiss up and make things right just for you.

It is their world not yours maybe at some point you will figure out Thailand is not here to appease you.

whowhow, you are a ray of sunshine, did I mention anywhere they should treat me better/make things right just for me or treat me different then anybody else ? by any chance are you a weak victim mentality feeling sorry for himself, I for sure am not

• Haha 1

My idea for a 'start' on incentive to travel more;

Stop filling up my passport with paperclips and bits of paper...that is no more 90 report.

One visit for extension...5 year stamp... Oh all right...3 year stamp (all types);

Scrap two tier (or multi-tier) system;

All government hospitals to offer affordable health plans for all ages... (something like under 70,  annual fee ฿30,000, over 70, ฿50,000, annual fee [max.].) After all, tour more, increase risk of sickness.

25% off domestic flights price, 25% off petrol/gas price.

Their idea;

90 day report?? What's that got to do with tourism?

Extension? What's that got to do with tourism?

Heath plan...No!

25% off???? ????

All joking aside, it would be nice to see some genuine effort from them but I doubt it. Any offers will for their advantage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Foreigners with WPs could maybe be eligible for the We Travel Together promotion...as for retirees, hotels and attractions already have pretty promotional pricing so probably no more incentives to travel are needed.

Sorry, why should only foreigners with WPermits benefit from the We Travel Together promo, and not retirees as well? Don't we also support the economy by spending money in this country? Sad state of affair when some foreigners think they are more 'precious' than other foreigners...

1 minute ago, UTH001 said:

Sorry, why should only foreigners with WPermits benefit from the We Travel Together promo, and not retirees as well? Don't we also support the economy by spending money in this country? Sad state of affair when some foreigners think they are more 'precious' than other foreigners...

I'm in the retired category myself. As I said, many hotels and tourist attractions already have fairly aggressive promotions on offer...my feeling is that should be enough for foreign retirees.

"Their story almost made this out as some kind of revelation, though expats throughout the country have been shouting about their needs and the positive role they could play for months if not years, notes Thaivisa" 

Sorry, but once again, I have to ask why all the foreign embassy's have not been doing this as well, in order to win better services and protection of "guests", especially at this time. 

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i'm doing my part right now.

staying in a hotel in Bangkok 100 meters from Crazy House. 

been here for 2 months and booked until October.

You are gluten for punishment, crazy horse, does it still maintain its reputation for sweeties

Thailand's tourism minister can go to he ll. Expats have been doing more than they know. It’s no need to place expats in the light as if they have not been.  

Expats haven’t been going nowhere during this pandemic!!  Do justice and stop all the dual pricing. There are rich Thai’s in this country, what are doing for their people in this time. They should be paying more.  

Stop the TM 30 and 90 day reporting as if they criminals as if you need to know their every where about. Where are they located, Bangkok, Pattaya, Chai Mai at the most. Not many are in the Province unless they are very old or damn near dead.

As long as the Thai’s discriminated, I would not support nothing nor travel the country. I am not a tourist and the things I saw years ago are still the same. Why would I want to see them again. 

Here’s a suggestion, tear down all the bars and build new ones. If they can make that happen, I travel again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I had a go at doing this. The officer spent about 15 minutes finding reasons I couldn't, all the while waiting for me to offer an incentive. I walked out.

Its this sort of issue that our respective embassies should be taking up at a national level. the more cases that are sighted the deeper the embarrassment to theses folk.

Then he can propose visa extension to government for those tourists and foreigners with families who are stranded here, as they are all virus free. Maybe the immigration can charge 1900 baht fee for every 30 days extension until the Thai government really decided to open the Thailand borders to the world. Definitely these tourists can contribute little to the dying tourism industry by spending their money on beer, girls, food, hotel, transportation, and shopping; rather than chasing them away and coming up with some insane 5T, 3R or whatever insane policies- it’s not like it’s going to fix the tourism problem ????????. Many people are struggling and wouldn’t spend that much money to just come to Thailand spend their holidays in the quarantine island.They are also not sure ???? whether those citizens who live there can be virus free????. They are risking their citizen’s lives too!

And in the same time they insist Farangs must go away on 26th september... Or try to find a often lottery way with immigration / pay a agent for bad reason...

Thailand was, once upon a time (and for so many years), like N°1 for business. They are just killing it since the last coup.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You are funny. I've been married to a Thai for close to 30 years, been living in Thailand for 25, and Thai law still forbids me to live with my wife in Thailand. I can get a visa - over and over and over and over and over again.

Tell me. . .over and over and over and over again my friend, cant ya see, were on the eve of destruction. Love that song. Seems fitting currently.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Foreigners with WPs could maybe be eligible for the We Travel Together promotion...as for retirees, hotels and attractions already have pretty promotional pricing so probably no more incentives to travel are needed.

What's the difference between a foreigner with a WP and a retiree in your opinion? Many retirees have the same amount of money if not more than several who's working, and they have more time to travel. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

It has taken a while but Thailand's tourism minister has finally recognised the role that expatriates can play in spurring domestic tourism.

No Thanks  Pal , you reintroduce the stupid TM30 with NO WARNING making it a nightmare to travel outside  your own doorstep and fining thousands, so you can shove it where the sun dont shine

10 hours ago, webfact said:

As an example of this they said that many expats have families living in Thailand - dad would travel to play golf while mum would go shopping at local markets.

<deleted> me its  Like a Janet and  John story from the 1950's, does she wear a  pretty skirt and he smokes a  pipe  too?