"Farang" renter causes nothing but trouble - smashes up property when asked to leave

webfact

"Farang" renter causes nothing but trouble - smashes up property when asked to leave

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A woman went on a popular Facebook site to ask what to do about a troublesome "farang" renter.

On the "Yaak Dang Diaw Jat Hai - Travel" (we'll make you famous if you want) site the woman listed a string of complaints. 

Her tenant refused to pay the rent and refused to pay utility bills. 

When asked to leave he smashed up mirrors and nearly all the windows. 

He allegedly said he was renting alone. Instead he moved more than 10 (Burmese) boys into the property.

He also smoked and drank alcohol. 

He claimed that the landlady's 60 year old mother who looked after the property was trespassing.

And that a 40 inch TV he owned had gone missing.

The landlady denied all this.

She went to the police who said it was a matter for the courts. 

After the damage she got some police action with a signature from the renter saying that any attempt to go back to the property would constitute trespass. 

Sanook said that many people commenting on the story advised the landlady to go to the courts. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-01

• Haha 2

Well I would lean heavily on the landlords side of the story.....Most- almost all- landlords will not give a renter a bit of trouble if the rent is paid and no major problems are caused.....

If this farang was at fault here I would not mess with any thing legal....I would hire some guys of bad character to first deliver the message he had to move out and if the message was not headed the farang would be learning the hard way that he was not longer welcome there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Sounds like a ferang rented the property out and then Subletted to some Burmese people.

Although boys often means young men , in this story, they need to state whether the people were boys or men 

They stated it were boys, you are making something different of it.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

If the renter caused the damage claimed, and i say if, he should be arrested charged with criminal damage.

This story seems a bit dodgy to me, maybe a disagreement between farang and property owner, and property owner broke a mirror and windows, it is a possiblity, did anybody see the farang doing the damage?

Why would she damage her property and then incur cost for a court case too?

• Like 1