"Farang" renter causes nothing but trouble - smashes up property when asked to leave

webfact

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

If the renter caused the damage claimed, and i say if, he should be arrested charged with criminal damage.

This story seems a bit dodgy to me, maybe a disagreement between farang and property owner, and property owner broke a mirror and windows, it is a possiblity, did anybody see the farang doing the damage?

If she doesn't have CCTV of him doing this then it's going nowhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anterian said:

Farang is too vague a term, Russian, Turk, Brit, German, Spanish would tell us more. 

Farang is too much info in my opinion. Should read "Tenant causes trouble". I'll never understand this obsession with knowing peoples' nationalities, ethnicities, etc. A jackass is a jackass, irrespective of the passport he's holding. 

• Like 1

Why is this such a headline - Thais don't refuse to pay rent do property damage etc? - STOP PRESS - A friend of mine was renting out property - After he finally managed to get the renters out - he discovered all the AC units, white goods had gone and had to get folk in to do an extremely deep clean. (read fumigate) ????

Don't know why all the fuss.  Maybe it's because it's a novelty to find a Thai landlord with an uncooperative farang tenant that hasn't resorted to using the local "fixer" to help the farang make his mind up and leave quickly?  All Thais of all social standings know of such a "mediator" to call upon when needed. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, holy cow cm said:

And how do the 10 Burmese boys fit into this?

Unless renter is in construction sub-contracting, Q should probably be the other way around