No more PayPal registrations this year

Paypal Thailand is not accepting new registrations until 2021. Asked wife what's that all about and she thinks its Thai government pulling the same trick irs, cra and the rest of the bandits did when they wanted access to PayPal database for mega sellers. 

Is it possible to add transferwise borderless account to PayPal? 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Barnabe said:

If you like to get ripped off paying up to 20% over the mid market exchange rate then PayPal is a fantastic option.

You may well be correct about "mid market exchange rate", whatever that is with regard to TX v PP, I have not got a clue about that subject.

What I said was that I use TW for one function and PayPal for many others. Each to their own and they do a  good job for me in the functions/transactions I use each of them for.

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

Oh I'm sorry. Have I posted on Albanian forum? 

Your heading is appropriate, we're on a Thailand forum and thats all it needs, ignore those who bizarrely think you have a hidden agenda.

I wonder why new registrations have been removed until 2021? Pain in the backside for those who have an online business here

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your heading is appropriate, we're on a Thailand forum and thats all it needs, ignore those who bizarrely think you have a hidden agenda.

I wonder why new registrations have been removed until 2021? Pain in the backside for those who have an online business here

Wrong.  https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/2021relaunch?locale.x=en_TH

The OP is implying that PayPal is no longer available in Thailand. Totally wrong and misleading

Our existing customers in Thailand can continue to use PayPal services to shop and pay online at millions of stores, and get paid easily and securely.

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, fangless said:

The OP is implying that PayPal is no longer available in Thailand. Totally wrong and misleading

Our existing customers in Thailand can continue to use PayPal services to shop and pay online at millions of stores, and get paid easily and securely.

First sentence of the OP Paypal Thailand is not accepting new registrations until 2021

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

PayPal Sucks on many levels!!! I've had nothing but problems with them since the beginning of the year. I have been with them for over 20 years. But this year I had problems with them saying there was fraudulent activity happening on my account. This and that. They have locked my account previously 2 times before and it was a nightmare to get any help from there reps. Tried calling to no avail. Now it is locked again. I have no idea why. They won't reply to any of my emails. I am living in Myanmar, so it is difficult to contact them by phone. They said in an email my account will be locked for 180 days. What the hell. Lucky I only have $100.00 dollars in there. After I get that back, I hope. I will never use them again.

They can go Fxxk themselves.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rskdev said:

PayPal Sucks on many levels!!! I've had nothing but problems with them since the beginning of the year. I have been with them for over 20 years. But this year I had problems with them saying there was fraudulent activity happening on my account. This and that. They have locked my account previously 2 times before and it was a nightmare to get any help from there reps. Tried calling to no avail. Now it is locked again. I have no idea why. They won't reply to any of my emails. I am living in Myanmar, so it is difficult to contact them by phone. They said in an email my account will be locked for 180 days. What the hell. Lucky I only have $100.00 dollars in there. After I get that back, I hope. I will never use them again.

They can go Fxxk themselves.

A quick search on google of ''paypal problems'' reveals the following "One of the most common problems encountered by PayPal users is the sudden and inexplicable freezing of their accounts"

Whilst many users do not have problems there are many who do have problems and the fact that many with problems seem to have difficulty to directly contact paypal to resolve whatever paypals issue was to freeze their account.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fangless said:

You may well be correct about "mid market exchange rate", whatever that is with regard to TX v PP, I have not got a clue about that subject.

What I said was that I use TW for one function and PayPal for many others. Each to their own and they do a  good job for me in the functions/transactions I use each of them for.

The mid market exchange rate is the market exchange rate for FX currency pairs at any given moment. In other words, how much is the real market exchange rate between let’s say USD and GBP right now.

I have been charged up to 20% on top of that for a series of operations in PayPal, hence why I stopped using and I think it’s a total rip off. To make matters worse, PayPal doesn’t even tell you that, they hide the real exchange rate by not including fees, etc.

Transferwise charges between 0.1 and 1% for the same operations, and they are totally transparent about the cost.

While they serve somewhat different purposes, there are other alternatives to PayPal that are much more transparent in terms of fees for the same service.

Lastly, you seem overly sensitive at any mention of PayPal not being good, service closing down or ripping off people. No idea why that is unless you own PayPal stock? ????

If you have a business dependant on PayPal you would do well to look into alternatives, not only to save money but also as said above, PayPal are well known to shut down your account and freeze funds for apparently no reason even if you have used them for years.

• Like 1

Two things I'd like to see when they relaunch in Thailand next year:

1) A PayPal debit card linked to the PayPal account, as already offered in other countries.

2) A better integration with local payment systems such as PromptPay. Instant withdrawals to Thai bank accounts.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Two things I'd like to see when they relaunch in Thailand next year:

1) A PayPal debit card linked to the PayPal account, as already offered in other countries.

Highly unlikely.... Or no chance. 

I used to have it in Canada and they abandoned it after a few years. I think only us and some euro countries have it now. 

18 hours ago, fangless said:

Can the OP please ask the MODS to rename this stream. It is misleading. They have only stopped registration, not trading.  A huge difference!

He said Registration Not Trading .Put you're Glasses on and Read his Post Again .

Cool down and get of you're high Horse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many people talking about transferwise, but for example, when you order something at Ebay you can't pay with Transferwise.

And with Ebay there are many other companies you can only pay with Paypal.

But I agree, Paypal sucks, a few years ago they blocked me because they want more personal information from me, which I declined.

It took me alot of effort to get my $ 1800 back after getting very angry with a lady on the phone.

49 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Many people talking about transferwise, but for example, when you order something at Ebay you can't pay with Transferwise.

And with Ebay there are many other companies you can only pay with Paypal.

But I agree, Paypal sucks, a few years ago they blocked me because they want more personal information from me, which I declined.

It took me alot of effort to get my $ 1800 back after getting very angry with a lady on the phone.

You can get a MasterCard linked to your Transferwise account and use it everywhere where MasterCard is accepted (even eBay) and to get hard currency from ATM all over the world.

Edited by Barnabe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnabe said:

You can get a MasterCard linked to your Transferwise account and use it everywhere where MasterCard is accepted (even eBay) and to get hard currency from ATM all over the world.

"You can get a 'Mastercard linked to your Transferwise account".

Do you mean a creditcard or a debetcard?

23 hours ago, fangless said:

Probably works for Webfact as their headlines are usually wrong and misleading 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1