Chiang Khan Immigration

happyaussie

Anyone been to Chiang Khan immigration lately. Were there long delays? Or should I go to Udon Thani or Kohn Kahn?

Last time I went was before amnesty and spend 2 days queuing without a result. They were too busy processing Laoations forms for 1000bht a pop.

Fortunately day two was when the first amnesty was announced. 

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to use the designated office for where you are living.

What do you need to do at immigration?

Seek an extension for my tourist visa. I have an embassy letter. Am registering weekly for an Australian Embassy Thai Airways flight. But with maximum 35 passengers they tell me not to hold my breath. Am also married to a Thai which I can show relevant proof. 

Ubon Joe I noticed you've offered sage advice to many. Therefore your opinion would be great.

2 hours ago, happyaussie said:

Seek an extension for my tourist visa. I have an embassy letter. Am registering weekly for an Australian Embassy Thai Airways flight. But with maximum 35 passengers they tell me not to hold my breath. Am also married to a Thai which I can show relevant proof. 

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife if you have not applied for one yet since you entered the country. Your wife would will have to be with you when you apply.

Best to use your designated office. Another office would want proof of residence for where they are located.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife if you have not applied for one yet since you entered the country. Your wife would will have to be with you when you apply.

Best to use your designated office. Another office would want proof of residence for where they are located.

Thanks very much. Would you know which form I should use? Would it be TM 25?

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will use a TM7 form  that is used for all extension applications. Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf

You are a legend. Thankyou so very much. Now lets see what happens.

To be honest I've found the service at Chiang Khan immigration hot and cold. More cold than hot. Most officers Indifferent with a sense of anti farang. But I'm used to that now. Line up all the ducks, be prepared for a curve ball and most of all, stay cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up on my tourist visa extension at Chiang Khan today. Opens 8.30am and I was second in line. I took color copy of embassy letter but they wanted copy of entire thread from embassy. Luckily the IO was very helpful and we arranged to copy and print off my phone. They want 2 copies of everything, including passport size pics.

The interesting thing is that I didn't get immediate approval. I paid 2100 (includes 200 for printing and service?). Applications are sent to Kohn Kahn for approval. Which means I have a temporary stamp until 9 October. When I have to return for final 30 day stamp. Which will be dated from 27 Sep.

The American guy before me had to do the same. 

When I left at 10am there were about 20 people waiting.

Suggest going in the morning. Apparently it gets very busy after lunch.

The IO officer was very helpful.