It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you own a business going downhill yes it's sad as is if you've lost your job but for most retirees it should be mostly business as usual so not much to moan about, everyone I know is happy with their life right now. If you're back in cold UK yes it's miserable 

You got that right! Serious snow forecast for tonight too ????

27 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Another week, where I can see more new openings than closings ..

Whose spot has Zurich Bread Cafe Pattaya taken?

I know its on Naklua Road, close to Dolphin Roundabout, but not the exact location.

https://www.zurichbread.com/

148943336_3597858420267697_7541873154254

It replaced the restaurant attached to Sunshine Garden Resort. It is not new, it has been open well over a year, a while before Covid. I am not sure how it survives at the prices it charges; a breakfast was in the region of 800 Baht though that was pre-Covid too.

It seems bereft of customers whenever I go past; maybe it has patrons who post on here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, champers said:

It replaced the restaurant attached to Sunshine Garden Resort. It is not new, it has been open well over a year, a while before Covid. I am not sure how it survives at the prices it charges; a breakfast was in the region of 800 Baht though that was pre-Covid too.

It seems bereft of customers whenever I go past; maybe it has patrons who post on here.

Thanks for that.

They started a Facebook Page this past week, and not having seen it before, I guessed it was new.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:53 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Corruption was not under discussion, 'No' would have been a long enough answer from you.

Corruption money is viewed as an expense of doing business here.  Eg. tea money.  Just another bill to pay, like tax.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Largely an urban myth. Comprehension problems?

No comprehension problems.

Does it happen, or not????  Simple question.  

"Largely" - what is that supposed to mean, other than the size of the mythical envelopes.  ????

On 2/14/2021 at 1:31 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Another week, where I can see more new openings than closings ..

Whose spot has Zurich Bread Cafe Pattaya taken?

I know its on Naklua Road, close to Dolphin Roundabout, but not the exact location.

https://www.zurichbread.com/

148943336_3597858420267697_7541873154254

I don't know what social media sweep you wake up to back  in Farangland, but the reality here in Pattaya is blindingly obvious to those of us living here.

I'm sure 90% of Thai businesses that have been closing down over the last year don't appear on your Pattaya internet feed. As above you are a year out of date and hopelessly out of touch,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, polpott said:

Largely an urban myth. Comprehension problems?

But we are having quantification problems. How many is 'largely', and 'most'? I have talked to a few and some claim to have to pay 3 different lots to 3 different lots of police, and I get an idea nearly all pay to someone... but my sample is small. Whether it is a regular stipend, or a one off hit based on some infringement it would be interesting to know. 

• Like 1