It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

But we are having quantification problems. How many is 'largely', and 'most'? I have talked to a few and some claim to have to pay 3 different lots to 3 different lots of police, and I get an idea nearly all pay to someone... but my sample is small. Whether it is a regular stipend, or a one off hit based on some infringement it would be interesting to know. 

Only if they are doing something illegal such as bars with short time rooms,  dodgy licence, longer opening hours etc. I don't think HH does brown envelopes as I hear he does things legally, sends the boys in brown away when they try and collect

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Do some of the posters on here Realize that people have lost their jobs they can’t pay their rent or feed  their family 

Can you give a bit of context and perspective here, so that people can decide whether to attack or applaud you. 

The initial response must be "yes", I would say the majority in Pattaya are aware of the financial plight that some or many find themselves in. 

But could you please amplify your point. What would you have TVF posters do about it.? 

1 hour ago, petermik said:

This applies to the world over at this time..what do you suggest we can do about it..is it our concern...perhaps you could open a "go fund me" for them with a large donation if it makes you feel better?

Countless food handouts have been made..and are still being made...largely by expats here in Pattaya without any thanks or Government recognition,perhaps you aught to lobby the PM to acknowledge these efforts :thumbsup:

Them food handouts have dried up around where I live one in particular I look from their FB page have not had any donations for a while, mostly farang funded 

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Them food handouts have dried up around where I live one in particular I look from their FB page have not had any donations for a while, mostly farang funded 

Photos of long lines for food handouts are a daily thing on FB.

In fact, I would say they are increasing at the moment.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 5:10 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Only if they are doing something illegal such as bars with short time rooms,  dodgy licence, longer opening hours etc. I don't think HH does brown envelopes as I hear he does things legally, sends the boys in brown away when they try and collect

I wouldn't expect proper restaurants to be paying tea money, but as for bars, you have to pay to trade outside the law, otherwise, you go broke.  The Thai's have designed it that way.  

I just feel for establishments like The Queen Vic on Soi 6 that are / were blatantly extorted.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I wouldn't expect proper restaurants to be paying tea money, but as for bars, you have to pay to trade outside the law, otherwise, you go broke.  The Thai's have designed it that way.  

I just feel for establishments like The Queen Vic on Soi 6 that are / were blatantly extorted.  

weren't they renting rooms for less than a month so were stung, probably because weren't paying tea money 

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

weren't they renting rooms for less than a month so were stung, probably because weren't paying tea money 

I thought it was something to do with not having a hotel license.  

Anyway, they would have found something, regardless. They just wanted to extort money.  Perhaps even no dart board license.  Cha-Ching.  ????

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

I have no doubt that tourists will return and businesses will re-open once the pandemic is truly in the rear-view mirror. When that is is still a guess...at least 2-3 years is my best guess (for full on normality) but it does nothing to mitigate the business and personal losses taking place right now and in the interim.

Here is a thought?

What is to prevent another pandemic of a different sort or some other catastrophe?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Here is a thought?

What is to prevent another pandemic of a different sort or some other catastrophe?

If I were China and my evil plan was to rule the world by destroying every other countries economy.

I'd be releasing a new pandemic (or variant on the original) every year or two.

But obviously that would be a crazy conspiracy theory that nobody in their right mind could believe.

31 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Here is a thought?

It wouldn't need to be another pandemic, just the same pandemic with the virus mutating so that the current vaccine no longer is effective, and then the world goes back to square one  (March 2020) and it all starts again.   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I were China and my evil plan was to rule the world by destroying every other countries economy.

I'd be releasing a new pandemic (or variant on the original) every year or two.

But obviously that would be a crazy conspiracy theory that nobody in their right mind could believe.

It happened once, it could always happen again is some form or something entirely different with the same shutdown effect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

It wouldn't need to be another pandemic, just the same pandemic with the virus mutating so that the current vaccine no longer is effective, and then the world goes back to square one  (March 2020) and it all starts again.   

And by then hopefully our various goverments would decide to let life go on as normal ????.

11 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Here is a thought?

Oh you are a bundle of joy. I like to think we will  be prepared at least for another novel virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Yahooka said:

And by then hopefully our various goverments would decide to let life go on as normal ????.

I doubt that. 

Health departments all around the world would collapse, most likely causing protests and riots.  

The army of the various countries around the would would be digging mass graves.  

Young family members would be infecting their elderly relatives and killing them.

Not going to happen.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I doubt that. 

Health departments all around the world would collapse, most likely causing protests and riots.  

The army of the various countries around the would would be digging mass graves.  

Young family members would be infecting their elderly relatives and killing them.

Not going to happen.  

Better to slowly bring our society slowly back to the pre-industrial age then,sounds like an good idea !

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Life over money.  

Not a difficult concept.  

Not difficult at all when it comes to a virus that affects  very few and will be here for years to come.

There`s one for all,but never all for one.Our society as we know it will then cease to exist.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Yahooka said:

Not difficult at all when it comes to a virus that affects  very few and will be here for years to come.

There`s one for all,but never all for one.Our society as we know it will then cease to exist.

It's not just about the money / economy.  Biology plays a part.

Say the virus wins, and the world opens up and we throw the elderly to the wolves, as you suggest. 

The virus can mutate into Covid 20, Covid 21, Covid 22, Covid 23, in the elderly. 

Can you tell me what Covid 21 looks like?  Perhaps Covid 21 kills all the children.  

Can you tell me what Covid 23 looks like?  Perhaps Covid 23 kills everyone.  

It's important that humanity quarantines and isolates, which in turn isolates the virus, this stopping it from replicating and mutating into something that could wipe out billions.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's not just about the money / economy.  Biology plays a part.

Say the virus wins, and the world opens up and we throw the elderly to the wolves, as you suggest. 

The virus can mutate into Covid 20, Covid 21, Covid 22, Covid 23, in the elderly. 

Can you tell me what Covid 21 looks like?  Perhaps Covid 21 kills all the children.  

Can you tell me what Covid 23 looks like?  Perhaps Covid 23 kills everyone.  

It's important that humanity quarantines and isolates, which in turn isolates the virus, this stopping it from replicating and mutating into something that could wipe out billions.

Quarantine the elderly and vulnerable like we always do,not billions of people that don`t get affected by it(other than loosing their livelyhood).

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Yahooka said:

Quarantine the elderly and vulnerable like we always do,not billions of people that don`t get affected by it(other than loosing their livelyhood).

It makes more sense to quarantine the virus itself, not simply the most vulnerable potential victims. Go shoot the rabid dog, not lock up your kids and let it roam. 

• Like 1