It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

12 hours ago, Yahooka said:

Please tell us where it have worked .This China virus is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it.

If you do not know it is not my job to take off your blindfold and ear protectors. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This big 7 Eleven has closed on Arunotai, that's surprising, was popula

Wasn't there already 3 on Arunothai...?   Was puzzled when a new one was built on the Bong Koch 8  corner,... to go along with a Tesco and Family Mart.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Wasn't there already 3 on Arunothai...?   Was puzzled when a new one was built on the Bong Koch 8  corner,... to go along with a Tesco and Family Mart.

Four 7 Elevens and two Familymarts on Arunotai, all doing OK until covid. The new Bong Koch one is a good location, not needed really just taking business from the others

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently the franchise owner has to expand if sales are over a certain level, if they don't someone else will. Think I read it on here so must be true

It's my understanding that once sales exceed a certain number then an "exclusion zone" is removed and another 711 can be opened nearby.  In such cases it may make sense to do it yourself.

10 hours ago, Yahooka said:

Im fully aware that you don`t have a clue at all, so please stop behaving like you have ???? !

Fully aware and yet making dim statements like 

It makes more sense to quarantine the virus itself, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

It's my understanding that once sales exceed a certain number then an "exclusion zone" is removed and another 711 can be opened nearby.  In such cases it may make sense to do it yourself.

Arunothai must be doing very well... perhaps the type of shoppers there are too busy to go a little further for the wide range of selection in Big CX.

53 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Arunothai must be doing very well... perhaps the type of shoppers there are too busy to go a little further for the wide range of selection in Big CX.

Same kind of people who hazard crossing a busy chaotic street , rather than the pedestrian overpass 30 meters away. Throw trash down rather than depositer close by. 

16 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I went to Harbor mall today.......All floors.......It was unbelievable....

About 80% of the business are closed.....

Most restaurants closed....I did see one customer in KFC which was the most busy restaurant... The ice skating rink closed...Only 2 or 3 mobile phone shops are still open....

The aircon turned way down to save money I think.....

It's looking pretty sad all the way around....

Big C Extra is way way more busy and it's not all that busy.... 

Big C Extra is normal busy I'd say, some days usually around a holiday can be quiet

On 2/23/2021 at 5:24 AM, Yahooka said:

That will never work.

It's already been working, in many countries around the world.

By quarantining people, you get to quarantine the virus as well.    

Granted, it's not the best solution, economically, but it "buys precious time."     

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:07 PM, Yahooka said:

Please tell us where it have worked .This China virus is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it.

It's worked in every country that has locked down. 

Yes, there have been second waves, but lock downs eventually got on top of those as well.  

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, champers said:

Took a stroll through RGP and both Svenssons and Dairy Queen are closed. 

That said, the Avani Hotel car park was full at 5.30 this afternoon.

It's a 4 day Thai holiday this past weekend.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Depends on the type of mask and fit but generally your statement is obnoxious dangerous misinformation. What's up with people that trash sensible mitigation measures? What's next? Seat belts are bad!

It does not matter if your wearing a mask or not....What really matters is that you at least have a mask on your head somewhere..... Loads of people wear them under their chin.....I bet you have lost count of the times you have seen this...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

It does not matter if your wearing a mask or not....What really matters is that you at least have a mask on your head somewhere..... Loads of people wear them under their chin.....I bet you have lost count of the times you have seen this...

What's your point dude?

Of course I have.

They are basically doing the same as not wearing masks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

It does matter how you wear it and no, I haven't lost count of how many people I've seen wearing them under their chins in supermarkets, shopping malls and 7/11s. very few, mainly ignorant farangs who think they know better.

I would say its the Thais by a long shot who are most of the mask chin wearers, not the farang...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most of us wear a mask to play along. Most masks are the cheap cotton ones worn incorrectly so of little benefit, anyway continue playing along

My mask has the "Manchester United" logo on it. I wear it with pride.

• Confused 1