It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

They close shops but they build new bars here in Central Pattaya. Especially in this Tree Town area they build as if there wouldn't be any problems. At the moment there are almost no customers in the bars. Perhaps they don't need any anymore. 

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

They close shops but they build new bars here in Central Pattaya. Especially in this Tree Town area they build as if there wouldn't be any problems. At the moment there are almost no customers in the bars. Perhaps they don't need any anymore. 

Betting on the come as it were...

Not really a better time for a well capitalized business to expand and or renovate.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not really a better time for a well capitalized business to expand and or renovate.

Even before Corona many bars opened and then gave up after a while. Perhaps there are many dreaming that owning a bar might be the paradise... It is - for the landlords that obviously benefit from an endless number of such dreamers. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 6:24 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

I thought Pattaya was bad...I'm currently in Hua Hin and Pattaya is crazy crowded with people and lively by comparison.

So I hear of Phuket and Samui.....

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, Oldie said:

At 6.36 PM I would not expect too many customers there, but there are usually a fair number later on. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, Yellowtail said:

It is a bet. If the vaccine programs work and things return to high season situation by the end of this year all is ok but if you are sitting around in December with no tourists then you may have problems. To me it is a bit 50/50. My landlady wants to extend my business  thinking everything will be back to normal soon but I am  thinking of going back to Australia and givingup on it all up thinking it won't be till late 2022 or later  that things change.

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

It is a bet. If the vaccine programs work and things return to high season situation by the end of this year all is ok but if you are sitting around in December with no tourists then you may have problems. To me it is a bit 50/50. My landlady wants to extend my business  thinking everything will be back to normal soon but I am  thinking of going back to Australia and givingup on it all up thinking it won't be till late 2022 or later  that things change.

I would certainly be looking for at least some rent relief to stick it out. While the pie will likely be significantly smaller this year and next, their will be less people getting a slice as well. For guys that are well capitalized, getting a good lease on a great location makes taking  hit for a year  not so bad. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I would certainly be looking for at least some rent relief to stick it out. While the pie will likely be significantly smaller this year and next, their will be less people getting a slice as well. For guys that are well capitalized, getting a good lease on a great location makes taking  hit for a year  not so bad. 

Thanks. My business partner is looking after it at present. Landlady is pretty easygoing. I live in Pattaya but the business is not there. Have mainly been trying to gauge. Will there be a high season this year ( considering the 2020/21 season is virtually gone?)

There will be a high season, the question is how high, and how competitive. 

There are a lot of governments involved, not just Thailand's. If Thailand opened up today to everyone that has been vaccinated, how many people would be able to come even if they wanted to? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All depends on the government. If they make visas easy for long stay they might get loads of retirees arriving, but if they don't sort immigration it might go on touristless for eons.

Thailand just wasn't a good deal anymore before corona anyway.

really easy for me to get a retirement visa. What's the problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

There are a lot of governments involved, not just Thailand's. If Thailand opened up today to everyone that has been vaccinated, how many people would be able to come even if they wanted to? 

That is everyone who has been vaccinated in the last 3 months.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:08 AM, Yellowtail said:

If Thailand opened up today to everyone that has been vaccinated, how many people would be able to come even if they wanted to? 

Do you mean able to come due to lack of flights, or due to lack of funds?

49 minutes ago, polpott said:

42% of UK population vaccinated as of today.

Is that two doses, or only one?   

The news about AZ is concerning.   It could slow the roll out of many countries.  

Edited by Leaver