Jump to content

It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Back when I was doing visa runs to Cambodia from the Queen Vic I used to eat the included breakfast there. Not bad at all. Be a shame if that venue had to close.

I did that myself a few times, although there were some frightening ghouls hanging about nearby  so very very early in the morning.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By your estimates Pattaya could take another 20-30% before reaching 100% closure. 

No. We acknowledge that Thais have money but generally have better things to spend it on. For example, Thai families will often go to more expensive restaurants but of a different type. They would

While it's tragic for those that put their life into businesses that cater exclusively for farang tourists, nature always punishes those that are oblivious to threats to a certain way of life. Pa

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

 They obviously just liked a bit of ultra violence for whatever reason.

 

 

 

And perhaps a bit of the old 'in out in out'

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, polpott said:

True and what a great facility that is. Love the way the cars are automatically delivered to their parking spaces. Very 21st century, definitely not 90s.

 

 

Yes the high-tech parking garage goes very well with the crumbling piers and derelict Pattaya One tower.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes the high-tech parking garage goes very well with the crumbling piers and derelict Pattaya One tower.

Do you remember how many years it didn't work and was unused for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I only saw one that was on Buakhao not far from where I used to live, but last time I was there I'm pretty sure it had been sold and the ladyboys were nearer to LK but their bar was not called Pook.

They've always had a Pook ladyboy bar on Soi 6 as well (which is still up and running even now). The long-running  Bua Khow locations closed up a few years ago and converted to a resto/guesthouse, which I don't think was ever very successful. I believe it may be closed because of Covid now. The other ladyboy bars nearby are Fantasy Lounge and Nid-Cha directly opposite the entry to Soi LK Metro. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you remember how many years it didn't work and was unused for?

Many...but still an impressive landmark in Pattaya. The first automated (inoperative) parking garage in town 😀😀😀

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They've always had a Pook ladyboy bar on Soi 6 as well (which is still up and running even now). The long-running  Bua Khow locations closed up a few years ago and converted to a resto/guesthouse, which I don't think was ever very successful. I believe it may be closed because of Covid now. The other ladyboy bars nearby are Fantasy Lounge and Nid-Cha directly opposite the entry to Soi LK Metro. 

Thanks for that. I never noticed the name in Soi 6. I was more interested in the cute ( real ) girls, though I didn't like the way it operated with them all outside so never partook there. I used the dentist nearby on Second Rd so used it as a thoroughfare  to Beach Rd after.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

I don't care if it is the most fantastic car park in the world....It was built on Pattayas ONE AND ONLY convenient park.....This was criminal....A very nasty nasty thing to do...... 

Yes I'm pretty sure the bribes and kickbacks paid to construct an expensive overly complicated automated parking garage were criminal.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I don't care if it is the most fantastic car park in the world....It was built on Pattayas ONE AND ONLY convenient park.....This was criminal....A very nasty nasty thing to do...... 

How about the park behind the fish market in Naklua? Decent.

 

We are talking about tourists in this thread. How many tourists went to the park at Bali Hi?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here's a question. Are those areas between the front of the doors and the curb part of the privately owned building or are they encroached pavements?

They certainly expanded the "shop fronts"  about a cars width  right up to the gutters.

some photos from 2003

bright_Dscf0018.thumb.jpg.85e707727354c170cc69551581109ba4.jpg

 

Dscf0020.thumb.jpg.06d219c14a01687fed71d8dfaa0e56ca.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johng said:

They certainly expanded the "shop fronts"  about a cars width  right up to the gutters.

some photos from 2003

bright_Dscf0018.thumb.jpg.85e707727354c170cc69551581109ba4.jpg

 

Dscf0020.thumb.jpg.06d219c14a01687fed71d8dfaa0e56ca.jpg

 

Thanks, but I want to know if the area between the gutter and the building is public or private land. I reckon it's public land as the building upper level doesn't extend over that area like it does in old Singapore.

IMO it's encroached public land.

In the lower photo the ground has been sealed like the road. The council wouldn't seal private land.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks, but I want to know if the area between the gutter and the building is public or private land. I reckon it's public land as the building upper level doesn't extend over that area like it does in old Singapore.

IMO it's encroached public land.

Believe it or not...the PARKING space in the roads in front of businesses is public and available for anyone to use; but you'd never know this from all the signs and placeholders around town. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...