Foreign divers face jail and 100K fines for underwater selfies they posted on YouTube

webfact

Good luck with tourism ahead.   Authorities are doing what they can to make it a dull regime. Once you as a foreigner are in trouble for something they will go after you in all aspect in life it seems.  Sadism, jealousy, nationalism and hate put into action ???? 

Personally I am waiting like a vulture on a cliff to scoop up properties and land for me and my family. Based on the many actions we see and hear of, the status as a failed state is coming nearer day by day.

Edited by GeilGeilertzen

On 9/2/2020 at 6:46 AM, Boomer6969 said:

That's just perfect, let's make it widely known to the diving community, that an innocent night dive in Thailand gets you a one year jail sentence. It will greatly help tourism to restart, at least in the South.

Ok, and there is absolutely no anti Farang xenophobic feeling in Thailand.

T.I.T Thailand does not need farangs.????????..especially ones still left in the Country, spending money,maybe there will be 2 less now,and the restaurant staff will lose their jobs,all due to a Sea cucumber having a snooze,and a F**kwit in a uniform with his nose out of joint.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 7:17 AM, gravity101 said:

Someone needs to explain the latest tm28 and tm30 requirments to me. I thought this had been largely put out to bed. Not sure why his wife would be fined either.

Because the place where he is staying is probably in her name,and she ,as the Housemaster,is responsible for reporting that he is staying there within 24 hours of his arrival at the accommodatiion.

Edited by Jimbo53
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, Boomer6969 said:

That's just perfect, let's make it widely known to the diving community, that an innocent night dive in Thailand gets you a one year jail sentence. It will greatly help tourism to restart, at least in the South.

Ok, and there is absolutely no anti Farang xenophobic feeling in Thailand.

If any evidence was needed that Thailand is no longer LOS and that farangs better watch out, this is it. When people committing far, far worse get off with a small fine and a wai, something is very rotten indeed in Thailand.

Just look at the Red Bull fiasco.

I'm not saying that IF it is indeed a protected area, punishment should not ensue. A small fine and a wai should suffice.

Why are "social media including from leading environmentalist Dr Thon Thamrongnawasawat of Kaset University" so concerned about this when they turn a blind eye to the industrial waste being washed up on shore, destruction of underwater habitat and the over fishing by Thais? Hypocrisy much, IMO.

It's no wonder farang tourists were less before corona really did it in, but if this is what they think it is appropriate, it's also appropriate for farang tourists to take their money elsewhere. Karma if farang tourists don't return.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Because the place where he is staying is probably in her name,and she ,as the Housemaster,is responsible for reporting that he is staying there within 24 hours of his arrival at the accommodatiion.

The penalty only applies to the house owner, not to the guest, but it seems that immigration as usual are inventing any rule they like, and fining guests as well. Immigration has really got it in for farangs now.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, GeilGeilertzen said:

Good luck with tourism ahead.   Authorities are doing what they can to make it a dull regime. Once you as a foreigner are in trouble for something they will go after you in all aspect in life it seems.  Sadism, jealousy, nationalism and hate put into action ???? 

Personally I am waiting like a vulture on a cliff to scoop up properties and land for me and my family. Based on the many actions we see and hear of, the status as a failed state is coming nearer day by day.

Why would you ( unless a Thai citizen ) want to live in a failed state?

Personally I am waiting like a vulture on a cliff to scoop up properties and land for me and my family.

Unless you are a Thai citizen YOU can't own land so don't include "me" in that.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:41 PM, herwin1234 said:

no doubt the "diving community" will be very pleased. in general the diving community strictly obeys a Dont Touch rule, out of respect the marine environment.

and PLEASE stop your idiotic nonsense dribble about upholding legal protection of sealife would suddenly be "xenophobic."

Well done, glad to see Thai authorities taking wildlife protection serious.

And...a reminder for some farangs you are in an actual real country with real laws and real people nd not freaking DINSEYLAND.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

a reminder for some farangs you are in an actual real country with real laws

Two words for you- Red Bull.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:44 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If any evidence was needed that Thailand is no longer LOS and that farangs better watch out, this is it. When people committing far, far worse get off with a small fine and a wai, something is very rotten indeed in Thailand.

Just look at the Red Bull fiasco.

I'm not saying that IF it is indeed a protected area, punishment should not ensue. A small fine and a wai should suffice.

Why are "social media including from leading environmentalist Dr Thon Thamrongnawasawat of Kaset University" so concerned about this when they turn a blind eye to the industrial waste being washed up on shore, destruction of underwater habitat and the over fishing by Thais? Hypocrisy much, IMO.

It's no wonder farang tourists were less before corona really did it in, but if this is what they think it is appropriate, it's also appropriate for farang tourists to take their money elsewhere. Karma if farang tourists don't return.

You're wrong in your statement that dr. Thin is turning a blind eye to ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The industrial waste was washing up in the early 90s on Chaweng - I know because I used to pick it up- so when is he going to get around to actually doing something about it?

And again you're moving the goal post.

• Like 1