Driving License renewal - during the amnesty period

image.png.43d5ea4ec54d0f4d6f488b20f67a458d.png

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/

Diving license need to be renewed to a new 5 year license.

Maybe we need to leave the country on the 26th, and I am using the license abroad too as the 'home country' license has expired long time.

In Thailand there is a grace period regarding the DL validity. But I am not sure if other country would see it as 'valid'.

So I want it to be renewed and I have seen other threads that there are some who was able to renew their DL.

Does anyone know if DLT in Morchit (BKK) is able to renew my DL?

Another point; I'm in the 'amnesty' as my visa and extension ended in the last months.

I was even not able to do the 90 days reporting.

You can renew a Thai driving licence now, you just need to make an appointment.  My 5-year licence expired at the end of August, and the earliest appointment I could get at Bang Chak was for Christmas Eve.  I have read that some foreigners who just turned up at Mor Chit could renew theirs without an appointment, but I have no evidence of this myself.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You can renew a Thai driving licence now, you just need to make an appointment.  My 5-year licence expired at the end of August, and the earliest appointment I could get at Bang Chak was for Christmas Eve.  I have read that some foreigners who just turned up at Mor Chit could renew theirs without an appointment, but I have no evidence of this myself.

dlt app dont work for passport, how did you make an appointment ?

14 minutes ago, scammed said:

I did my license renewal back in July (not in Bangkok).  To get into the appointment system, the people at the DLT told me to use my wife's Thai ID number and then to use my own information when filling out the registration form. Sounds a little dodgy but it worked and I was able to make an appointment. I didn't need to show my wife's ID when I went to the appointment.        You'd just need to find a Thai person whose ID # you could use.

53 minutes ago, scammed said:

Just go into the DLT office. they'll book you an appointment there.....................................OR of course you can use your (totally useless?) pink ID cards if you have one. They have your ID number on it and works on the App????

1 hour ago, ilms said:

I did my license renewal back in July (not in Bangkok).  To get into the appointment system, the people at the DLT told me to use my wife's Thai ID number and then to use my own information when filling out the registration form. Sounds a little dodgy but it worked and I was able to make an appointment. I didn't need to show my wife's ID when I went to the appointment.        You'd just need to find a Thai person whose ID # you could use.

i will ask, thanks

50 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I went to the DLT office. They make an appointment for you and give you a yellow appointment card.

well, i tried the damned dlt app, the passport route for foreigners didnt work at all, while the ID card route for

thais in the end didnt work either,

so i'm off tomorrow and pray i can get the whole thing over with tomorrow, including a valid license

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, Metropolitian said:

image.png.43d5ea4ec54d0f4d6f488b20f67a458d.png

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/

Diving license need to be renewed to a new 5 year license.

Maybe we need to leave the country on the 26th, and I am using the license abroad too as the 'home country' license has expired long time.

In Thailand there is a grace period regarding the DL validity. But I am not sure if other country would see it as 'valid'.

So I want it to be renewed and I have seen other threads that there are some who was able to renew their DL.

Does anyone know if DLT in Morchit (BKK) is able to renew my DL?

Another point; I'm in the 'amnesty' as my visa and extension ended in the last months.

I was even not able to do the 90 days reporting.

Dont worry, Thailand driving icense is only valid in Thailand.My  thai driving license has expired and I am unable now to renew it  I  have a vaid drivers license from my home country in Europe, can I  legay drive around w. my car here in Thailand for the time being?

2 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

Dont worry, Thailand driving icense is only valid in Thailand.My  thai driving license has expired and I am unable now to renew it  I  have a vaid drivers license from my home country in Europe, can I  legay drive around w. my car here in Thailand for the time being?

The post you quoted is from Sept. 2020.  You should be able to renew your Thai license now.  I believe you are technically required to have an international drivers permit to drive in Thailand if you don't have a Thai license.  The catch is you can usually only get an IDP back home and they typically expire 1 year after issue date.

I need to renew my car and bike licences.  Can someone confirm that I only need 1 Certificate of Residence, or will I need one for the car licence renewal and one for the bike licence.  A google search said that someone in another province had been asked for two.

Also, are the Certificate of Residences still done at Chaeng Wattana, or have they been moved up to the temporary place at Muang Thong Thani?

Thanks

10 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

Dont worry, Thailand driving icense is only valid in Thailand.

This is patently false information. A Google search:- "which countries are thai drivers license valid", will enlighten you somewhat. I can and have used mine in Australia.........

11 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

thai license (5 year one ) is valid world wide:

they say ur only allowed to drive on ur home country license for the first 90 days ur here but 

in reality its up to the officer.

PHUKET

Yesterday:

First off to Immigration for 90 day and COR
submitted 90 day inside, 10 people or so sitting down

Than submitted for cor, “300 baht please”

“but its free”

“ok, free for you”

Than off to motor vehicle dept, information counter

Need show COR, Copy of passport, visa and medical< didn’t have that, so popped around the corner to Dr Apainya clinic for it… 100 baht

Back to MVD and than given a report date of March 19th, training starts 8:45 am

It was very busy!!

Archived