PM: Foreign Tourists Not Welcome Yet

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

They have not been welcome for the past 5 years, except for the Wuhan team!

That's bs. REAL tourists were always welcomed here. Those who report problems are the ones that stay here long term on the wrong type of visas, those who circumvent the ve and tourist visas. Those who rent cheap long term accommodation, don't travel much or even at all, and contribute nothing to the tourism industry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

two things they should be doing to create as a safe as possible environment for when tourists do return is to have an effective track and trace system in place  (not the nonsense system they currently have) and effective testing taking place, there seems little interest in having either of these.

And yet, when the idea was mooted a year or two ago for every tourist to be tracked with a SIM card that they had to obtain when arriving in Thailand there was a huge outcry (and, as usual, it was just talk and no action). Now, people are demanding a way to track everyone's movements while they are in Thailand.

It's a funny old world.

400  Billion  

How Thailand  have  this in budget?

Maybe  like North Korea  they  sell  drugs  for  their  huge  budgets

Thailand have drugs to sell ?

NO  they  have China  will continue  kissing ass   until  China  make Thailand  a  provence  of China 

All  the generals  one day  will be privates  if the Students  and people  say  enough  is enough 

Good  Luck  Thailand 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

If you are not letting the tourist in just yet,and not buying the submarines this year,

how about putting more Thais back to work. Start doing more infrastructure as the

roads really need it. Create more jobs for your own people,until we all go back to

normal.

Please! We already have enough idiots in Thailand doing jobs they aren't qualified for and messing things up. For example, they widened a road near me about a year or so ago, and it's had so many potholes so many times it's been re-laid three times already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

Cmon, be fair, One would presume they had to have a few meetings - prolly updated the projector to 1080p, pay a few scientist an appearance fee, book the silver mini vans from Pratyuts cousins company, his sister did the catering - fairy cakes with the pink icing. Power points need to be made, flower arrangements in the lobby and not forgetting those cut polystyrene signs, you go, poof, 100B doesn’t go far these days.

You forgot the 3 in 1 coffee and the tiny plastic cups!

• Like 2

400billion , 100billion was spend on what and where is the other 300billion going to be spend on . If they say this whole period 100billion was spend to help the poor and needy i ask myself what can they do with triple that amount . I geus spend the same amount and pocket the rest . 

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

two things they should be doing to create as a safe as possible environment for when tourists do return is to have an effective track and trace system in place  (not the nonsense system they currently have) and effective testing taking place, there seems little interest in having either of these.

What is wrong with the Thaichana system?

14 hours ago, aussienam said:

I wish that the Prime Minister would please allow retirees back.  We are not tourists.  Tourists come at their own leisure and convenience.  As expat retirees we are desperate.  6 months stranded abroad.  Still paying rent in Thailand and abroad.  Sleepless nights filled with anxiety and losing hope.  compassion is needed.  Please expand ASQ facilities and help us get back.  

Random Question for my benifit and understanding...  Have you requested a Certificate of Entry, with positive or negative results?  Thx

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Everyone in Thailand pays tax every time they shop. It's called VAT. The T stands for tax.

I was told by a senior tax official that it stands for Vague Additions to the Total.

• Haha 1

Strange that they are taking this approach when 20% of the economy is tourist related. I think it should be workable to isolate the tourists completely from the locals, keep them in zones where only tourists are allowed and locals are kept out. Shouldn't that be possible? A new normal? changes in the way tourism is done?

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Confused 2