PM: Foreign Tourists Not Welcome Yet

snoop1130

55 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Open up the country you moron! Stop with everyday more and more complex proposals and just reopen it! I still can’t get how a big percentage of Thai ppl is surviving. I am talking specifically about the islands where they depend 100% on tourism and just can’t go back to farming like in Isaan.

Don’t know what they are waiting for! The virus situation will be the same in 4-6months and even if they have a vaccine, it will take ages until everyone got it. 

My simple suggestion would be:

-Covid Test 14days before you travel 

-2nd test Max 72hrs before you fly

- people can just board showing both test results + Covid health insurance.

-3rd Test directly after landing and staying quarantined 24-48hr until they  got the result. 

YES..it would involve 3tests, but the risk would be extremely minimal. I am just bored of all those turnarounds of the PM and his government. They just should not waste their thoughts, as 99% of real, genuine tourists simply won’t visit TH, if they are required more than a test + insurance!

Couldn't agree more!

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

I have to admit it was pleasing to be on the beach in Jomtien on Sunday evening with just a handful of others around.

Send this comment to the restaurant and hotel owners in Jomtien. They will love you.

16 hours ago, samsensam said:

two things they should be doing to create as a safe as possible environment for when tourists do return is to have an effective track and trace system in place  (not the nonsense system they currently have) and effective testing taking place, there seems little interest in having either of these.

Yes they will attempt this , so they can track & control you, nothing about health, all about knowing where you are at all times , ready for 4th Gen AI 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

Couldn't agree more!

Govt by populace response , this is all they do

Its based on polling , release a statement see what the response is...most Govts do this but normally as required , not in place of actual governing.

Problem with the testing, antibodies or PCR , it is just not accurate because they have not actually truly identified the virus they are looking for an antibody response , could be anything, way too many false positives are being generated.

Just open up & deal with elderly & hospitalisations , they are just delaying , they have treatments , and people can take medication if they are concerned

It is weak Govt , the risks have been learned as no longer justifies locking down its borders.

Let people get on with there lives & take their own responsibility

Anyone else noticed the bipolarity around this topic?
Every day it reads different: one day tourists not welcome, next day thailand may started accepting tourists, next day again not welcome,....

Not sure if retarded news reporting or an indecisive government is to blame, but is sure as hell is getting boring.
Better to report on sure things instead of speculation.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, aussienam said:

I wish that the Prime Minister would please allow retirees back.  We are not tourists.  Tourists come at their own leisure and convenience.  As expat retirees we are desperate.  6 months stranded abroad.  Still paying rent in Thailand and abroad.  Sleepless nights filled with anxiety and losing hope.  compassion is needed.  Please expand ASQ facilities and help us get back.  

Would the Bangkok Post publish a letter with all the names of expat who wish to come back to Thailand? A letter requesting the PM to let them return to their wives and children.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Just like any other Government in the World, at least in the UK we get a little cash help!

Companies who sent their employees away from one day to the other, they get financial support. Fair?

4 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Since I am in my home country with a Non O ME visa and cannot go back for my planned winter in LOS, I will take the appropriate action to bring my 800,000 baht back into my pocket.

Insanity unfortunately prevails,,,

Sad.

You make a good point, I wonder how many 800k bank accounts there are with the owners wanting it back in real money?  Good luck with the exchange rate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Couldn't agree more!

I don’t think you 2 know what’s involved about the cost of tests more so it has to be writing.and the results can take a couple days,  in the U.K. is over £150 per test.
As all the flights currently are from London I live 400 kilometres from London tryIng to line all the tests etc would be extremely difficult.

12 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Yes it does, but mostly for people on here condemning the safest country to be in at the moment for not letting them come in freely and screw it up like the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong there "retirees", I feel for you but you all are out of this country of your own accord (retiree means don't have a job) traveled to worst infected areas in the world, again, of your own accord and are now complaining about your poor choice. Those of us who choose Thailand as the place we want to live are still here w/o issues and enjoying some peace and quiet in otherwise over crowded areas that we choose to move here to enjoy. Best Song Kran I've seen in a long time. :wai: I personally didn't move here to see a bunch a raging, drunk, weekend rich idiots terrorizing and trashing the country. Been a really peaceful year so far. Suck it up cupcake. This won't last forever and it does no good to complain that your host isn't revamping their country to suit you.

Do you stop to think about anything before you open your mouth to say something? There was no knowledge of the pandemic and impending global lockdown in every country before they traveled outside of Thailand you idiot. Why do you think that so many people are trapped in countries that are not their home? Oh that's right you don't think ????

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t think you 2 know what’s involved about the cost of tests more so it has to be writing.and the results can take a couple days,  in the U.K. is over £150 per test.
As all the flights currently are from London I live 400 kilometres from London tryIng to line all the tests etc would be extremely difficult.

Same here plus my GP practise are reluctant to issue any certificates for anything at the moment not to mention a few weeks wait for an appointment!

There is no hope of me making it out to LOS at the minute even though Emirates flights are now permitted.

I wonder what the costs to those teachers that have made it out to Thailand from the likes of Canada have been.  

For me here they are just too high to warrant putting myself through the hoops.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John CS said:

Govt by populace response , this is all they do

Its based on polling , release a statement see what the response is...most Govts do this but normally as required , not in place of actual governing.

Problem with the testing, antibodies or PCR , it is just not accurate because they have not actually truly identified the virus they are looking for an antibody response , could be anything, way too many false positives are being generated.

Just open up & deal with elderly & hospitalisations , they are just delaying , they have treatments , and people can take medication if they are concerned

It is weak Govt , the risks have been learned as no longer justifies locking down its borders.

Let people get on with there lives & take their own responsibility

Actually the PCR test is looking for Covid-19 RNA and not an antibody response. But sure there are some false negatives as they might not get the RNA from you throat or nose on the testing stick.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

B.A were selling flights for September in August then cancelled the flights, currently now selling flights for October which will also be cancelled I think. The airlines want to try and put cash in the bank hoping people will accept vouchers and not a refund.

yes, I'm aware of that. Many other airlines are doing this, it is dishonest. But Thai and EVA seem to be above it. Given the sparsity of credible evidence, this is best lead I've found. Also November is 6 months after the flights stopped; this roundness of the lockdown duration is also in favour of reopening. We will know soon, one way or the other. Firm positive noises from the media should happen in the next 2~3 weeks, or Thai and EVA November flight tickets will stop being sold. I check every day.

Edited by djuiiy

24 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

yes, I'm aware of that. Many other airlines are doing this, it is dishonest. But Thai and EVA seem to be above it. Given the sparsity of credible evidence, this is best lead I've found. Also November is 6 months after the flights stopped; this roundness of the lockdown duration is also in favour of reopening. We will know soon, one way or the other. Firm positive noises from the media should happen in the next 2~3 weeks, or Thai and EVA November flight tickets will stop being sold. I check every day.

I just booked today for November to Tokyo , where my wife and 2 daughters are.

This is the 5th time now that I have made this booking this year since the end of March and each time it has been cancelled and credit vouchers issued.

Each time that I have rebooked , the flight cost has been more than the value of the credits , meaning that I have had to make up the shortfall.

Ever 'ad the feeling you've been cheated - John Lydon

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

New plan: no more plans just waiting the vaccine !

I seem to remember he said they were working day and night and close to a vaccine..???? It's pathetic, the man is a hopeless joke. The problem is he can be a hopeless fool all he wants in his own time but he is currently the self appointed leader of a very large country and people are struggling. Thailand needs a true leader with a plan not a clown pretending to be a politician.. very sad..

On 9/2/2020 at 7:16 AM, Clarkey611 said:

They have not been welcome for the past 5 years, except for the Wuhan team!

Are you envious that you are not allowed in? If I was him I wouldn’t let you in too. Wuhan is free of virus and you are mulitiplying like locust!

Edited by michaellee

Just a hypothetical question. The government is holding out for a vaccine but on the same principal that a flu vaccine is a shot of flu to trigger your immune system, if the Covid vaccine is a shot of Covid to trigger your immune system would you be allowed to enter the country ????.

welcome is relative.  Are English people 'welcome' in Scotland, or Wales?  Are Koreans welcome in Japan? It's not a uniquely Thai thing to pretty much hate everyone that's not from your 'tribe'. Lancashire V Yorkshire anyone? (two neighbouring, warring counties for non-brits) Ask Darwin, competing schools even hate each other.

Unfortunately, many of those that turn up, or reside here, think that being slightly wealthier than the average Thai (I can see that changing too) deserves a red carpet everywhere they tread.   

- Mr self-made PM ( I am not allowed to use the word which normally is being used for these kind of people ...)

just announced, that no Tourists will be allowed coming to Thailand in the future.

- "coming from high risked countries" ?! <deleted>?! They will allow people from high risk countries coming as tourists to Thailand (after a revolution ?!)

- "high risk" - what does that mean? That you have 1 to 2 % wrong positive testing results from healthy people ending in some hundred wrong positive results daily because they are testing hundred of thousand of people (in my home country). And even if some positive results are "right" - what does it mean. These people are overall healthy or if they are not , its not because (mainly) of covid 19.  In our hospitals , there are nearly no new cases of covid19.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

(it is all over, in Europe (at least) the pike was in April (about for 4 weeks, that is 4 month ago !!!)

people with panic should go and see a doctor, and not disturb healthy minded people)

- when I would go to Thailand again, my health insurance will protect me from financial losses in case of illness. But I expect, that "they" will not accept this insurance.

I can guaranty, if  they will sell these insurance, only a very !! small friction of the money will go for the treatment of covid19 related illnesses ("oh lord, please buy me,  a Mercedes Benz...".

They did this scam in the past. everyone can (should be able) to make the calculation. What they pretend (!) to have unpaid bills from hospitals is about 10 Baht per  Tourist. ( some million (BAHT!) for 40 million Tourists)- Now look at these numbers, what these thiefs  - sorry wrong word, cause it is legal in Thailand, better kleptocrats want to force you to pay.

They  have zero tourist and instead of thinking ( I am joking!) of ways to get back the lost jobs to millions of people in Thailand, they have the schuzpe of announcing this scam.

1 hour ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Just a hypothetical question. The government is holding out for a vaccine but on the same principal that a flu vaccine is a shot of flu to trigger your immune system, if the Covid vaccine is a shot of Covid to trigger your immune system would you be allowed to enter the country ????.

Not true the flu vaccine that you get every year is not an active virus. 

46 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Not welcome yet, but will be in a few more months as the reality of the economic situation hits home harder and harder. This whole crazy worldwide situation cannot continue like this.

It won't, life is already slowly returning to normal as other countries are coming to terms that we have to live with the virus and get the economies moving, at least until we get a vaccine or it burns out. Thailand is way off understanding this because they have a clown in charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

welcome is relative.  Are English people 'welcome' in Scotland, or Wales?  Are Koreans welcome in Japan? It's not a uniquely Thai thing to pretty much hate everyone that's not from your 'tribe'. Lancashire V Yorkshire anyone? (two neighbouring, warring counties for non-brits) Ask Darwin, competing schools even hate each other.

Unfortunately, many of those that turn up, or reside here, think that being slightly wealthier than the average Thai (I can see that changing too) deserves a red carpet everywhere they tread.   

what a load of rubbish,,, healthy competition is always there but hatred?! absolutely not. You have the view of a dinosaur, most people just get on with their lives nowadays and don't think about such things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

There may be a bit of rivalry in some cases , usually from  poor males  , hardly any hatred though , apart from poor thick males who hate everyone who isnt like them .

27 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

what a load of rubbish,,, healthy competition is always there but hatred?! absolutely not. You have the view of a dinosaur, most people just get on with their lives nowadays and don't think about such things.

Forgot about the tree-huggers