UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Sorry, it was you that thought you would get a cheap grammar shot in trying to deflect, even though you know it’s frowned upon on TVF. 

I was just concerned. You are already getting battered in here, no need to lose the grammar discussion as well by making a proper Boris of it. 

Don't think getting battered, just the Scottish shield thumpers have chips...

Sorry, will get my coat.....???? 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Sturgeon is the SNP leader and has not been prosecuted for anything that I am aware of.

But if you meant Salmond; then yes, he was acquitted of all charges. What fire is still smouldering? That he is a supporter of Scottish independence and therefore in your mind must be guilty regardless?

Yes, he did resign as finance minister and from the party; jumped before he was pushed. Derek Mackay urged to quit as MSP over messages sent to boy

As with an MP at Westminster, it is not within a party's power to force an MSP to resign from their seat at Holyrood. Indeed, there is currently no recall system at Holyrood similar to that at Westminster.

I understand that MacKay is still an MSP, which is shameful, but as with Ferrier the SNP have done all that is within their power.

I assume that you are talking about Ferrier? If so, I repeat; the SNP have sacked her from the party and everyone in the party from Sturgeon down to Ferrier's local party have condemned her and called upon her to resign her seat. There is nothing more they can do.

I said that the SNP have acted completely honourably in this matter. They have sacked her from the party and repeatedly called upon her to resign as an MP.

Like all political parties, I'm sure that there are occasions when they have not been as honourable. No party nor politician has a cupboard completely free of skeletons; and that includes your hero Boris. Is it honourable to cheat on your wife with a number of women before leaving her for yet another?

Correct; for the reasons given in Durham Police's statement.

How do you know how many people, if any, she mixed with? Were you on the train with her?

Even if she followed the strict social distancing rules applicable on all public transport here, including wearing a mask for the entire journey, that does not excuse her actions.

No, simply pointing the rules out. Are you saying that you know of MPs who have broken those rules and got away with it? If so, I understand that The Sun will pay you a generous amount for the details!

Yes, I quoted you 12 times as I was responding to 12 different posts by you! If you wish to set a limit on the number of posts others can make, maybe you should set an example yourself, first!

You have two unfailing responses when you're presented with facts which you cannot dispute; ignore them or make a comment similar to the above. Therefore that response was anticipated; nay, expected.

I've tried it before; but quoting from and replying to posts across multiple pages presents some difficulties as they can disappear into cyberspace when moving from page to page; not always, but sometimes.

If you follow your own advice and put all your points into one concise post that will eliminate the problem.

There's a good chap!

I hope you are not posting all that in working hours time, you seem to be, anyway, I am going to give your round-about a miss today, sorry if you spent a lot of working hours writing that lot....????

51 minutes ago, tebee said:

So you don't think that a nation not wanting to be governed by unelected bureaucrats elsewhere  might influence another nation in not wanting to be governed by unelected bureaucrats elsewhere?

Brexit rhetoric has a lot to answer for. 

SNP pig headedness has a lot to answer for,all barnier is doing is using them as bargaining chips in negotiations with the UK .if that's Scotland Scottish attitude to democracy then let them leave?,just remember one thing though all you ex pats living in the los if you get the Spanish archer from there due to the Chinese, you,re not going to have a country to return to.

Edited by kingdong
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

UK ministers should be surprised that they are the only people to be paid for being stupid.

Yes but when it comes to being stupid they are world class and deserve every penny.

Including that near 4000 pound pay rise they just voted for themselves. ????

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Scotland is going to cease to exist if it declares independence? Where did that come from?

Oh yeah now I remember where you get your info from. 

image.jpeg.7a1dda60f7962a24ade36c01443d6753.jpeg

The scotland you knew isn't, t going to exist,hope you like curried goat

Because it won't be too long before it replaces haggis as your national dish.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah and there it is. The latent hatred of immigrants which pervades the thinking of Brexiteers. 

Well maybe we will take on board the beliefs of Brexiteers.

Upon independence Scotland will straddle the world dictating trade deals around the globe. We will stride like a colossus as country after country falls over itself to join our empire. We shall walk our unicorns in the sunlight uplands. There will be no downside to independence. We will take back control. Sovereignty. We hold all the cards. 

First you tried to put words in my mouth now the race card,it's not racism, just simple arithmetic ,you want to kak your bed fine but don't, kak England's,  anyway barnier will look after you and I.must sure you'll  live happily ever after, au revoir 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:14 AM, Rookiescot said:

Still none the wiser.

Who says they want independence for Scotland but Northern Ireland must remain part of the UK?

As a self-proclaimed Protestant and Rangers supporter are you saying you have never sung or chanted anything with an Ulster is British theme.? 

2 minutes ago, rott said:

As a self-proclaimed Protestant and Rangers supporter are you saying you have never sung or chanted anything with an Ulster is British theme.? 

What has that got to do with my post?

I asked you who says they want an independent Scotland but Northern Ireland must remain in the UK?

Its a genuine question because I have never heard of anyone calling for that.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, 7by7 said:

No; Ulster Loyalists.

What do you think is wrong with that definition? 

Are you saying that one cannot be a Unionists without also being a Loyalist?

If so; you are wrong.

You may very well be correct; but so what?

Many loyalists I know are purely nominal Protestants. I think Thatcher would have been the same. 

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What has that got to do with my post?

I asked you who says they want an independent Scotland but Northern Ireland must remain in the UK?

Its a genuine question because I have never heard of anyone calling for that.

This is like pulling teeth. 

I am saying that as a self proclaimed Protestant and Rangers supporter you will have supported Ulster Unionism. 

So how can you want them in the UK but Scotland out? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rott said:

This is like pulling teeth. 

I am saying that as a self proclaimed Protestant and Rangers supporter you will have supported Ulster Unionism. 

So how can you want them in the UK but Scotland out? 

Why on earth would you assume I support Ulster Unionism?

I dont even refer to it as Ulster. I refer to it as Northern Ireland.

Do you honestly think ALL Rangers supporters are Ulster Unionists?

Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1