UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

SNP chief told independent Scotland would face debt higher than GREECE in 2008 crisis

THE SNP's Finance Secretary Katie Forbes faced a significant blow when she was questioned on Scotland's deficit if the country were to become independent.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1330957/SNP-news-katie

36 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

SNP chief told independent Scotland would face debt higher than GREECE in 2008 crisis

THE SNP's Finance Secretary Katie Forbes faced a significant blow when she was questioned on Scotland's deficit if the country were to become independent.

the scotch nationalists aren't looking that far down the road.they seem to think the eu,s going to welcome them with open arms.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

the scotch nationalists aren't looking that far down the road.they seem to think the eu,s going to welcome them with open arms.

Hmmmm who to believe?

The Express or the people of Scotland?

The last five polls have shown a majority in Scotland support independence but the Express will shine a light and show us the error of their ways.

Aye OK.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I find it odd that you seem to think Brexiteers are concerned about Scottish independence. For me personally, I'd prefer Scotland to remain in the union, but if they don't I won't lose any sleep over it. I certainly wouldn't have wanted us to stay in the EU just to appease Scots Indys! 

I pointed out a couple of years ago that they had woken a sleeping bear, but on that occasion I was referring to r-r-remainers...

Topical link from HMG released today:

Review of electoral regulation: written evidence

Edited by evadgib

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Hmmmm who to believe?

The Express or the people of Scotland?

The last five polls have shown a majority in Scotland support independence but the Express will shine a light and show us the error of their ways.

Aye OK.

i used to work for the express but don,t buy it as its a <deleted> paper like the guardian,if you want independence have it,but don,t start whingeing and blaming Britain when it all go,es tits up,at this moment in time you,re playing right into the eus hands weakening our negotiating chances still i suppose why should you care if you live elsewhere.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I pointed out a couple of years ago that they had woken a sleeping bear, but on that occasion I was referring to r-r-remainers...

A sleeping bear?

????

You seriously think anyone really gives two hoots about what the UK wants?

Honestly? A small fish in a very big pond with many sharks around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you have convinced yourself that in the 7 months prior to the UK leaving the EU he had no part to play in the legally binding contract with the EU then that is up to you.

I thought we were talking about who won Brexit and it wasn't Boris. The WA is just a product of leaving. 

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

I did answer your question, if you fail to understand the answer the difference between referendum and parliamentary election not a lot can be said.

No you didn't. If Scottish independence was so favoured as recently as 6 years ago then why didn't you vote for it then? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh so the fact Brexit is a nightmare is because of the Scots?

Surely you factored that in given you knew what you were voting for.

i was referring to the renewed <deleted> stirring regarding scottish independence when the uk is entering a crucial time in negotiations regarding the uks leaving,so basically you want scotland to leave and while the ink isn,t dry on the treatie jump into bed with eu?

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i was referring to the renewed <deleted> stirring regarding scottish independence when the uk is entering a crucial time in negotiations regarding the uks leaving,so basically you want scotland to leave and while the ink isn,t dry on the treatie jump into bed with eu?

yes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

That'll take YEARS & in the meantime others will have followed our lead...

14 hours ago, kingdong said:

You were warned that voting to leave the EU would result in a resurgence of calls for Scottish independence.

You went ahead and did it anyway.

No point crying foul play if you knew the rules going into the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You were warned that voting to leave the EU would result in a resurgence of calls for Scottish independence.

You went ahead and did it anyway.

No point crying foul play if you knew the rules going into the game.

I don't think leavers were the slightest bit interested in Sturgeons goals . Most know she just has an agenda, if Scotland was going down the pan she would still be beating her shield....????

On 9/3/2020 at 7:30 AM, kingdong said:

and if you do get your wish and your independence,don,t come whingeing back when the eu wants handouts from you like they did from the uk,you kak your bed and you lay in it.and by the way its sown not sewn.

Wow, grammar lessons being advised in a paragraph strewn with grammatical disasters !! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingdong said:

can you honestly see there being an eu in years?its going to collapse,and theres scotland wanting to go down with a sinking ship.

It has a GDP over 6 times the size of the U.K. - who would you say is more likely to survive ? 

Take your time .....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

yes

I’m happy to see you have admitted it.

The Scots don’t want independence they want to be ruled by the Franco German alliance that is the EU instead of being ruled by England.

They know they are way too insignificant to ever be truly independent. They are just highlighting which teet is more palatable to their historically bitter population. 

Many of us will be glad to see the back of you. Myself included. The fact that the EU will be saddled with you is the icing on the cake. The idea that this is a negative outcome from Brexit is laughable to most of us.

• Like 2