Thai insurance companies offering Covid-19 coverage as foreign tourists prepare to return

webfact

7 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

From your bank? Please check your policy limits - most of these cheap policies DO NOT cover up to 100000 US DOLLARS, which is the required amount. 

100,000 is a bit Over The Top as well no way treatment will cost that in a Thai Government hospital or will Private hospitals be allowed to treat COVID as well?

Throw away insurance at best. The real deal is that you will need to pay first and then be paid back. Now who has the money to do that? I do, but just saying as I would just still pay out of pocket as I always do. This way you keep the insurance and are still compliant to their BS.

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

100,000 is a bit Over The Top as well no way treatment will cost that in a Thai Government hospital or will Private hospitals be allowed to treat COVID as well?

Well, it could if you are in the ICU on a ventilator for 3 or 4 weeks.

if you had good cover and had the choice between going private or government - its a no brainer really ???? 

36 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Because if you test positive on arrival or while in quarantine, you will be hospitalized, even if asymptomatic; that is Thai policy. They want to be sure you have insurance to cover the cost of that. And it is more likley to happen if you cam from a high risk country.

I was about to get insurance with Pacific Health Thailand and they have informed me that my policy is only active once I have re entered Thailand. Therefore as there is a 15 day wait period I would not be covered under the policy if I tested positive in ASQ.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Thai Visa - Can we have some consistency please. On the same page as this article is one from Gen Prayut. Tourists NOT welcome.

I don't think consistency matters. Articles about foreign tourists (numbers, Covid, etc) always get a lot of engagement from us, and the wackier the article the better.

• Like 2

Are the premium numbers mentioned for annual policies?

And are short term policies available (17 days, 3 weeks, 1 month etc., to cover folks coming back on repat. flights but after getting their affairs in order need to quickly return abroad)?