Pattaya: Resort getting a "new lung" - 32 million baht park is 30% complete

webfact

Pattaya: Resort getting a "new lung" - 32 million baht park is 30% complete

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Development of a new park in the Jomtien area of Pattaya is well underway. 

Thai media 77kaoded called the park in the Beung Nong Phong area of Jomtien Sai 2 a "new lung" for residents and tourists in Pattaya.

S__38322257.jpg

Part of environmental improvements ordered by mayor Sontaya Khunpluem, work began at the end of May and is set to continue until the end of August 2021 - a total of 455 days. 

Budget for the project that will include a lake, trees and play facilities for children is 32.8 million baht. 

S__52101131.jpg

Yesterday a deputy mayor Pattana Bunsawat and his team were on site declaring that the project was on track and 30% complete.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-03

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rick44 said:

How difficult is it to include a Google Map in such a story, so readers can know where this is located? I sometimes wonder about Thai journalism... 

How difficult is it to look just at the main picture in the OP, and see Riviera Jomtien in close distance of the park?

55 minutes ago, rick44 said:

How difficult is it to include a Google Map in such a story, so readers can know where this is located? I sometimes wonder about Thai journalism... 

Because then everyone would laugh at the location and christen it another white elephant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

At last, reshaping the area into a family resort.

Adults use parks too as do the unencumbered single people. I use the parks around Pratumnak,  a beautiful green lung but its mainly used by adults. Pattaya should be left alone as an adult city as all the other cities are family oriented.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

A "park" ? apart from the coloured spaces for the children and the lake i don't see many green areas to walk around. I think the Thais have a different idea of what a park is.

I dont think the project has finished yet. I have been in beautiful parks here. I live near one in Pratumnak.

• Like 1

Might as well be in the proverbial Nakhon Nowhere...not a very convenient location for most tourists and locals. Are the developers of the Riviera at least chipping in a bit for the park as it looks to primarily benefit their buyers?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

15 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Might as well be in the proverbial Nakhon Nowhere...not a very convenient location for most tourists and locals. Are the developers of the Riviera at least chipping in a bit for the park as it looks to primarily benefit their buyers?

Your post makes me quite suspicious as to how long this park may survive after sales are completed.