Pattaya: City Hall bans deckchair vendor for 15 days after viral video clip - "I'm innocent" he claims!

webfact

The nicest and cleanest I’ve ever seen jomtien beach look was during the lockdown when all the vendors had to remove their chairs and they were no where in sight. Get rid of all of them. I’m down on that beach most days and the chair operators really are a lo-so bunch of people. Nasty attitudes, scowls and downright harassing people just for sitting down on the walk promenade in their so called area. Garbage is everywhere on the beach. I purposely put myself in these situations and mingle with the street people. It’s how I know what’s going on.

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

He is not the only beach vendor that thinks parking spots are for only his customers. I've been told not to park a motorcycle in a legitimate spot by para-glider vendor.

Then there are the motorcycle renters that occupy large sections on beach road. They should ban all motorcycle rental vendors from beach road, or make a 3am -5am ban for all vehicles on beach road or make a 5 hour maximum limit for all vehicles.

This with the motorcycle rental companies has been discussed so long ago already and nothing ever happened. If I look at the Soi Post Office for instance I see a total chaos with many for customers reserved areas and space blocked by a big bike rental company. 

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You would not want to risk parking there after the guy told you not to,

come back and find your tyres flat.its the deckchair mafia.

regards worgeordie

i have a permanently on dashcam and they can see it thanks to the LED on. Nobody ever touches my car.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, KhunKenAP said:

There is a Vet clinic on Khao Noi across from Top's that always chases away anyone that stops or parking on the road in front of his shop. Not a very nice guy. He would be the last person, I would take a sick or injuried pet too. Surprisingly he has very little business.

If I have time one day, I will call the police and wait on them. Hopefully they tell him it is public road and he can't stop anyone from parking on the shoulder.

Same same for a tattoo shop on Soi Bukhaow he has a chopper bike not registered incorrect lighting fitted, thinks he owns the road just because he cant park his bike the same as all others so he parks the same as car.  

On 9/3/2020 at 11:09 AM, webfact said:

Tourists had a perfect right to park at that spot and the vendor was in the wrong.

Tell that to the other territorial business owners.  The hotel next to Immigration has commandeered at least eight spots on the soi AND has a bouncer in place to discourage parkers.

18 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Tell that to the other territorial business owners.  The hotel next to Immigration has commandeered at least eight spots on the soi AND has a bouncer in place to discourage parkers.

Then use the car park direcly across from immigration and designated for people attending there.

Street parkers are a bloody pest blocking up the way.

Edited by jacko45k