4500bht Power Bill ..ouch

This. months power bill was more than double last month at 4500bht. And we have done nothing differently. I run one A/C at night, one fridge, a little lighting, no TV, one fan and charge computer. I will take it up with the PEA and see what they say. Something tells me there will be a shrug and pay up.

Our 2nd house next door is 800bht. everything same except no so much A/C use. 

Has there been any increases? We're semi isolated so no chance of someone pinching our power, I think.

Look forward to your advice.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our bills - and we only ever really use air con in one bedroom for about 30 minutes a day - is usually about 800-1200 a month. Wife washes by hand, cook by gas, etc. Think if it went to 4500 a month m

OP ;  turn everything off and it will be less next month

Mine goes up and down like crazy, 600-2000 a month. 2 big fridges, a laptop, desktop, one a/c unit a few fans, a microwave and washing machine. The bills seem to bear very little resemblance to my per

Posted Images

Almost never use AC reason electric bill is ok! And most of time take cold shower also. Last one in town house 365 bth and farm house 550 bth!

Have all normal electric machines! Farm home always live 3 people, town house just wife and me!

Like johng say about fridge! Melt that also if full of ice! Take much power!

Edited by 2 is 1
5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Wow! That's good news! What other appliances do you use! 

LOL not live in forest if that what you mean!🤣

Normal lol have 2 laptop, sellphones,fridge, microwave,fans, washing machine....kettle ,rice cooker....etc.

Normaly cook in outside kitchen whit gas. Chance gas bottle every 2 months! 360 bth bottle.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the electric companies have stopped there Covid discounts as well.  Bills for my Condo for March, April, May and June were the same as the March bill at 5300 Baht.  July's bill and Augusts bill however were each 4600 Baht, and we were gone for 2 weeks each month with the only thing running while we were gone were the 2 wine refrigerators.  Cant say the electricity bills are going up as the same usage was shown each month at an average of 1500 units.  The last 2 months were only 1050 units and the bill was less than of what my normal bill of around 7700 baht with the reduced usage of being gone, and of course the 3 months of discounts.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Mine goes up and down like crazy, 600-2000 a month. 2 big fridges, a laptop, desktop, one a/c unit a few fans, a microwave and washing machine. The bills seem to bear very little resemblance to my perceived used of electric. A few months back we had our most expensive bill and that month we hardly used the a/c at all. 

Easy to save.

Get rid of one of those fridges.

Let the wife do the washing by hand.

Spend more time at air-conditioned shopping mall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
33 minutes ago, johng said:

Check the fridge  it could be running full time  if the control panel went wrong  or the door seals are bad or too much stuffed in the ice box forcing the door slightly open.

Also check the aircon  if its very dirty or someone set the temp down to 19 degrees it will use a lot of power.

Great feedback, thank you.