4500bht Power Bill ..ouch

happyaussie

On 9/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, Seeall said:

Ah INVERTER.. a great topic....  most of us read the propaganda and repeat that thinking we know ....

A/C Techs on several occasions have laughed at the situation stating no real savings and parts and repair more expensive....  of course you will find the sales types happy to take your cash

as always.....

Maybe anyway I have two inverters that work alternately, that is practically only one full time and I pay about 1000 baths per month, besides of course I also have all the other appliances for two people

On 9/12/2020 at 1:16 PM, CGW said:

Indeed! I lived 8 years in Bangkok, 1 year in Samui, then 15 years in Pattaya before moving to the west of Udon Thani 7 years ago, I was "surprised" just how brutal & relentless the summer heat is here, cross breezes and wind cooling are a total fallacy in the summer time, it's AC or perspire, when the ambient temperature is 40°c + opening doors and windows just serves to heat up the house to the same temperature.

Thankfully we do get ~5 months of cool weather.

Why don't you move again, I lived 3 years in Udon but then I couldn't stand the heat anymore it was hell I'm now in the Hua Hin area

42 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Why don't you move again, I lived 3 years in Udon but then I couldn't stand the heat anymore it was hell I'm now in the Hua Hin area

Funnily enough! I was thinking about that, the only reason I moved out of Pattaya was got fed up with how busy it was, now with the "New Norm" it's going to be a good place to stay with no tourists as doubt the world will ever open up again to the extent it was "free" before.

I do like the "Winter" up here, from now through till March it is pleasant, the nighttime temperatures are far cooler, the days nice also without the humidity you get in the South or East.

Just April / May that are intolerable, fortunate that house is well built and easy to cool.

• Like 1