Hua Hin: Police chief transferred for allowing gambling at "Wua Laan" event where man was murdered

webfact

Hua Hin: Police chief transferred for allowing gambling at "Wua Laan" event where man was murdered

563000009287804.jpg

Picture: Manager

The Prachuap Khiri Khan provincial police chief has signed an order removing the Hua Hin police chief until further notice.

Pol Col Phaitoon Phromkhian will be transferred to clerical duties at provincial HQ while the hunt for a murderer continues. 

Pol Maj-Gen Surasak Suksawaeng said that the chief had allowed gambling to take place at a Wua Laan event in Hua Hin Soi 6 last week.

This may be the reason a man who was shot dead there was murdered. 

Krissada Reuangthap,30, who Manager said was a Cha-Am tessakit official, was shot twice at the event that is a kind of rodeo for cowboys in the central region. 

Many witnesses saw the shooting, the motive for which is still unexplained.

Krissada was shot with a 9mm gun and an arrest warrant was issued for a man called Natthawut, 39, from Kuiburi, who remains at large. 

12pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Provincial deputy chief Pol Col Kittipong Liangcheep will take over from the Hua Hin chief at least until the murderer is found. 

In further news it was revealed that the suspected murderer had also killed someone in Sam Roi Yot in 1999 for which he served only 8 years of an 18 year sentence before being released. 

He was let out in 2016 and has now apparently murdered again. 

Manager did not explain the disparity in the timeframe, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-03

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I'd like to understand what they mean when they say he allowed it.

I really doubt they asked for his permission but you never know.

It sounds to me like they're just blaming the guy in charge because it happened on his watch.

I used to go to these meetings a lot until i found them becoming too cruel,because of gambling.

They openly gamble before each run and i am quite sure it is done at all of these events.

Like most venues the police is probably getting their cut.

I witnessed one race where the stakes were very high,1 million baht.

Same as cock fights and the televised bull fights.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He probably couldn't come up with a bribe large enough....to restore his reputation as a dedicated, qualified and capable Police Chief.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I'd like to understand what they mean when they say he allowed it.

I really doubt they asked for his permission but you never know.

It sounds to me like they're just blaming the guy in charge because it happened on his watch.

It's easy to understand, he was suitably rewarded for looking the other way and allowing an illegal activity to carry-on, yes on his watch which makes him ultimately responsible.

The problem being was that some of the patrons of said establishment could not control themselves and the whole thing blew up in their faces.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police chief transferred for allowing gambling at "Wua Laan" event where man was murdered

What ? he should be in Jail ,Not running around  in an other Cosy job . 

Who's in charge of this Circus?He needs a good  kicking too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

What ? he should be in Jail ,Not running around  in an other Cosy job . 

Who's in charge of this Circus?He needs a good  kicking too.

I don't think these transfers are as cushy as people may think.

When transferred to administrative duties, they are no-longer able to participate in graft, which is where their real income comes from. 

1 minute ago, Iron Tongue said:

I don't think these transfers are as cushy as people may think.

When transferred to administrative duties, they are no-longer able to participate in graft, which is where their real income comes from. 

Maybe , but that's no Excuse for them to leave him out there . He should be Locked up.

• Like 1

Transferring him is an admission of terrible weakness, a lack of will, and a willingness to continue, tolerate, and even condone the culture of corruption forever. He should be arrested, charged, convicted, and locked up. At least that would happen if the army was serious. However most people in the nation know they are some of the least serious people around, when it comes to doing things right. 

The Thai army. Moving Thailand backwards. Always insuring nothing gets done right. Making sure on a daily basis, that the Thai people are not looked after. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, american2 said:

By allowing  he is compicite and should be fired.

Police chief should get fired for operating an illegal gambling racket that the entire police force knows about? That seems a bit harsh. ????