Should i really stick my neck out ?

rumak

4 hours ago, geronimo said:

If one can detach oneself from emotion then life is always very nice ........ must write a poem about that .......

hi Gmo .    yes , we really miss your poems.   

download.jpg

Edited by rumak

Op, they have to have it because they are not normal and do not represent the good people of Thailand in any way. Believe much of the invective here is directed at them. A 'simpler and less aggressive way of life' indeed. I love it, but be careful as a good chance they'll change that. Don't sit back, stick your neck out. :wink:

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Believe much of the invective here is directed at them.

i know,  i know........ but man i spent too much of my life being angry at the bs we have to endure .

(everywhere ! )

Gradually i leaned more on satire than shouting to get my feelings across.  Even learned something from Thai women.   Sometimes i just go silent  55

Note:  i never used that word :  invective       good one

Edited by rumak

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:16 AM, BritManToo said:

q: What can I say about the current Thai government.

a: Would be up for dating his daughters.

I can't think of any government in the world that's any better than the Thai government.

I did not know that Thailand had a "government", I thought it was run by a bunch of soldiers.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I did not know that Thailand had a "government", I thought it was run by a bunch of soldiers.

soldiers and big money.      they follow the US  model   ????

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, Kwasaki said:

Never had anyone get aggressive with me in 15 years. 

I don't want to be in a position of power anymore that's why I retired here. 

I have only had one person get seriously aggressive with me in Thailand, and it was another farang, a French guy, he was getting on my nerves and being very hurtful towards me in front of other farangs for a few weeks beforehand.

Everyone has a breaking point, and I remarked to a good friend of mine that after this meeting was over, I was going to really get very violent.

He warned me that although everyone else would back me up, I should let it be, as the police would get involved.

I took his advice, not long after, his wife left him and he moved out of Thailand. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:16 AM, BritManToo said:

q: What can I say about the current Thai government.

a: Would be up for dating his daughters.

I can't think of any government in the world that's any better than the Thai government.

What other country in the world treats it's expat retirees and those on marriage extensions like criminals by making them report to them every 90 days?

I know there are lots of posters who agree with it, mainly those who live near their local IO, but why should decent law abiding people report to anyone?

On 10/4/2020 at 4:30 PM, possum1931 said:

What other country in the world treats it's expat retirees and those on marriage extensions like criminals by making them report to them every 90 days?

I know there are lots of posters who agree with it, mainly those who live near their local IO, but why should decent law abiding people report to anyone?

Because it's their country and they can do whatever they like in it to farangs?

Try getting a Thai GF into western countries.

why should decent law abiding people report to anyone?

Who said farangs are all decent law abiding people? Some are scumbags and so far there is no way of telling them apart from good farangs.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because it's their country and they can do whatever they like in it to farangs?

Try getting a Thai GF into western countries.

why should decent law abiding people report to anyone?

Who said farangs are all decent law abiding people? Some are scumbags and so far there is no way of telling them apart from good farangs.

I believe the vast majority of people, I take it you mean Westerners, are decent and should not have to report to anyone, I have no qualms with any scumbags getting the punishment they deserve.

As for getting GFs into Western countries, if you are referring to the UK, just buy her a dinghy.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Jealous man you.... ???????????? 

haha   one of the funny things looking back.   How one can be jealous when your working girl "date" from the past is working it in the arms of another man .

that said, in the "old days" ,  the young ladies would hang around a lot longer than they do now.

Of course,  i was a hansum youngish man then   ????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

should have just used a quilloitine and not stuck your neck out to far.  Random niceties do not exist in an open forum. 

i try my best to be nice .   Has worked in a few cases .   Those that choose to hold onto the bone no matter what ...... well,  no problem for me.   

I have a lot less stress now and a lot less stupid fights

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, possum1931 said:

I have no qualms with any scumbags getting the punishment they deserve.

The problem is, Thailand being so corrupt, the scumbags evade justice, which attracts even more scumbags.  

On 9/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, Eddy Ozark said:

Considering that a pregnant housewife was recently arrested by four police officers in Victoria for a Facebook post critical of Covid 19 measures, I would not stick my neck out unnecessarily. However, social media is today's most powerful media. It is the voice of the people.

How about quoting the real situation? She was arrested for posting material which encouraged illegal assembly of protestors in defiance of COVID 19 measures, her pregnancy and stupidity are not mutually exclusive.

Facebook is for narcissists. I don't know what the percentages are, but let me suggest it's also the voice of wingnuts and fruitloops.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, rumak said:

in the "old days" ,  the young ladies would hang around a lot longer than they do now.

These times seem to certainly be back.  No 2 week millionaires, limited local opportunities, boyfriends and sponsors who might never come back quitting their payments never had so many " I come stay with you" requests in the past 10 years.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

These times seem to certainly be back.  No 2 week millionaires, limited local opportunities, boyfriends and sponsors who might never come back quitting their payments never had so many " I come stay with you" requests in the past 10 years.

supply and demand ..........  

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

The problem is, Thailand being so corrupt, the scumbags evade justice, which attracts even more scumbags.  

Please remind me, are we talking about westerners here? In my 14 years here, the vast majority of westerners I have met have been decent people.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Please remind me, are we talking about westerners here? In my 14 years here, the vast majority of westerners I have met have been decent people.

Thailand also attracts a lot of western criminals.  Some with a criminal past, some on the run, and some doing crime in Thailand.  

51 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Thailand also attracts a lot of western criminals.  Some with a criminal past, some on the run, and some doing crime in Thailand.  

I don't think Thailand attracts any more western criminals than other countries.