Why are Earbuds so expensive?

giddyup

20 hours ago, Hi Tea said:
21 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

OK if bluetooth was not so unreliable, sadly it's not

Your bluetooth maybe, sadly, unreliable but that's not the fault of earphone manufacturers (unless you're buying absolute garbage).   I have two pairs of Meizu bluetooth buds, one for the computer and one for the phone and both have been faultless so far (two years).

He thinks 200 baht for wired ones is expensive.   

I have 600 baht redmi airdots and they are great. Bought them from the official MI shop on Lazada.

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

but still cost around 200 baht for the cheapest model.

Am I missing something? ฿200, ~$6.50? The headline is why they are so expensive. If this is paeng gern bpai, I'd guess Airpods for ฿6,000 is out of the question.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeteDaKat said:

Am I missing something? ฿200, ~$6.50? The headline is why they are so expensive. If this is paeng gern bpai, I'd guess Airpods for ฿6,000 is out of the question.

Don't know how many times I have to say it, but the ones bought at Mr DIY, Big C or 7/11 are expensive for what they are. Same as if you were asked to pay 200 baht for a box of matches, Capiche?

Edited by giddyup

Just bought a Beats Studio 3 Bluetooth wireless head set for 400 Baht off of Lazada.  Have used them now for a week.  Good sound off of my Lenovo Thinkpad, can walk around the house and they stay connected even in the bedrooms.  My Samsung Buds+ ear buds, paid 900 Baht, also work good on the Laptop but are great for under my Helmet when I ride, and both the Beats and Samsung earbuds last for almost all day if I use them constantly.  Spend the money to buy some decent Bluetooth headsets, and earbuds, so you dont have to replace them constantly.  I have a few other brands, that after awhile the batteries only last if I am lucky up to 2 hours.  Handed them off to the kids to use.  The worst ones were the Bose knockoffs I bought, 1 hour and they go dead.  The Baseus Encoks still work great, and I use them when I run or do my long walks.  The original Samsung wired headphones for my cell phone are still good, but then I hate to be tethered to anything.  The LG neckcollar headphones my GF uses have lasted her now for 2 years and she uses them all day long.  If your going to pay a few baht then you get what you get, but if you pay more money and they do not work, well that sometimes does happen.  Unfortunately if you do not buy from a manufacture or a reputable on-line company your chance of getting an exchange or refund after 7 days is almost zero.  Good luck folks.

There is always the local '20 Baht shop'. Many different models to choose from, some even have volume controls, all for the single price of , you guessed it , 20 baht.

Obviously not of the best quality but for listening to ebooks in bed maybe ok.

The main advantage is that they are (imo) not overpriced for what they are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

No doubt they must be original and top quality at 5% of the normal price

They are reconditioned Beats, bought from a reseller.  Same with the Samsung Buds+, from Vietnam, true factory boxing, not fake repackaging.  You can tell the fake boxes and all.  These have the US package inserts in them and all of the paperwork is the original factory paperwork as well.

20200904_133642.jpg

20200904_133630.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are reconditioned Beats, bought from a reseller.  Same with the Samsung Buds+, from Vietnam, true factory boxing, not fake repackaging.  You can tell the fake boxes and all.  These have the US package inserts in them and all of the paperwork is the original factory paperwork as well.

An original Beats is 9000 - 12000 Baht on Lazada, but yeah a refurbished one is 400 Baht, and all resellers are from China.????????

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=search_history&page=1&q=Beats Studio 3&sort=priceasc&spm=a2o4m.home.search.1.1125719c3WAHG3&sugg=Beats Studio 3_0_1

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Susco said:

An original Beats is 9000 - 12000 Baht on Lazada, but yeah a refurbished one is 400 Baht, and all resellers are from China.????????

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=search_history&page=1&q=Beats Studio 3&sort=priceasc&spm=a2o4m.home.search.1.1125719c3WAHG3&sugg=Beats Studio 3_0_1

Better change your location on the Lazada bar and select local if you do not want from China, they do sell them here in Thailand.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Better change your location on the Lazada bar and select local if you do not want from China, they do sell them here in Thailand.

Thailand or China doesn't matter, You must be brain death if you believe that a 400 Baht Beats 3 is original refurbished.

Any way, you lost all credibility long time ago. Didn't you live in the multi million dollar penthouse?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

For 400 Baht?

They were set at 1298 baht, but there was a Lazada payday special, so for 417 Bhat I could not say no.  They are refurbished, I have no issues with them, as they work flawlessly. I can afford to throw $100 to USD and upwards if I feel like it, but IDGAF if they die after a year.  

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

Thailand or China doesn't matter, You must be brain death if you believe that a 400 Baht Beats 3 is original refurbished.

Any way, you lost all credibility long time ago. Didn't you live in the multi million dollar penthouse?

Still do, I can afford to live where I want, and I do not complain one bit, just choose what to spend my money on. Photos from 2 of the three balconies yesterday morning, sinrise off one side and the moon off of the other.

20200903_053154.jpg

20200903_053208.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still do, I can afford to live where I want, and I do not complain one bit, just choose what to spend my money on.

Only asked, as i wondered how you walk around the house, when you live in a condo.

Have used them now for a week.  Good sound off of my Lenovo Thinkpad, can walk around the house and they stay connected even in the bedrooms.

Well, behind a keyboard anyone can pretend to be someone else.

Edited by Susco

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

Only asked, as i wondered how you walk around the house, when you live in a condo.

Have used them now for a week.  Good sound off of my Lenovo Thinkpad, can walk around the house and they stay connected even in the bedrooms.

Well, behind a keyboard anyone can pretend to be someone else.

135 SqM Condo, so 1,450 SqFt roughly with 3 balcony's and 2 large bedrooms, along with the large living room and my office den space.  I know Penthouse living is not for everyone, I choose to live where I do, and enjoy what I can.  Some folks don't just spend money to prove they have it.  Could not stand to be cooped up in a box of a condo, or live in a house again, where you need to drive everywhere to go places.  I can walk out, get on MRT if needed, ride my Xmax 300 or drive the car if I want.  Does it really matter.  Yes folks can say whatever they want about where they live.  I have posted many photos before and It is not to hard for anyone to find out the location.  

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Don't know how many times I have to say it, but the ones bought at Mr DIY, Big C or 7/11 are expensive for what they are. Same as if you were asked to pay 200 baht for a box of matches, Capiche?

Come on.. $6 expensive?

Perhaps you wouldn't have to explain/defend yourself so often if you had written this a topic header..

Why are cheap earbuds such <deleted>?

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I have bought from Lazada, many, many times, and the corded models are junk and still around 200 baht.

You are actually right, I looked and I found low quality ones start at around B30. 
Average quality about B200. And there is no guaranty of sound quality. 
perhaps you better buy a few pair of those Bluetooth rechargeable earbuds. Their sound quality is not bad. I have bought about 20 pair of those as gifts for friends and took them to LA last time. I bought them about B100 a pair from Lazada.  
https://s.lazada.co.th/s.cnBwG

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.cnBE0

Edited by The Theory

simply , just for the money.

A brand of perfume costs 6 dollar to make , all in. They sell it for 50 dollar. Ktsjing

Levi jeans are made in China, costs 40 dollar, they come to usa and they label it with levi, ktsjing 300 dollar

They all do so. Nike was even one using kids for cheap making. ktsjing.